Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. 2ndHouse

2ndHouse Pen Pal - Newbie

So I finally got around to testing this. It works much better for me in both Clip Studio and Sketchbook than the old script. The only program that the new script won't work in is the Chrome browser. The old script didn't work with Chrome either, it seems to be a problematic program for both scripts.

I'm using version 1.3 of your script, is that still the latest version? Anyway, thanks much for the work you put into this! Makes using the SPen much more enjoyable.

Piton812 and WillAdams like this.
  2. Piton812

Piton812 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanx, yes for now 1.3 it's the latest version but I'm working on figuring out how to make autohotkey script works in absoluteley all apps (Chrome for example and so on)... when I solve the issue there will be the 1.4 version ;)

2ndHouse and DRTigerlilly like this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Apology tour - already broke vow of self-control, restraint, and sticking with Surface Go

4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Lol. You're far worse than me sir. :D

5. dstrauss

It's a VERY GOOD THING I am far worse than all of our tribe!

6. dstrauss

BIG CORRECTION - GALAXY BOOK 12 DOES SUPPORT MST!

Why is this important - because you can daisy chain two displayport monitors to the GB12 with only one USB-C cable. I've said before its a no-go, but the problem was apparently my failure to be able to put the SH850 monitor into DP-MST mode (it's in the Menu setting for Displayport monitors). If you have this specific monitor, you also have a USB A 3.0 hub, so it is effectively a one cable docking solution for the GB12.

Now for why I learned this. As you know, I've been clearing inventory pending the arrival next week (fingers crossed) of the Spectre Folio 4k. The GB12 8gb has been sold; the SB2 handed down to another lawyer; and I was using the SG LTE in the interim, and had found the DP-MST setting when trying to use it with a single USB-C port. Of course the SG went south on me too. Yes, it knew it was close to the chopping block as well, so the Bluetooth disappeared - I mean completely - and no keyboard or external mouse for you Strauss. I've even uninstalled the wireless devices, erased their drivers, and after restart still no Bluetooth - grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - but it's my own fault because it knew it might (now IS) going back.

So I had to dig into the closet and saddle up my son's GB12-Lite (4gb/128gb BB model) and it fired up immediately and lo and behold - BOTH monitors came up and I have my usual two monitor plus tablet screen-fest. My apologies to anyone out there that read my prior reports of no MST support (so you had to use both USB-C ports to get this).

PS - Amazing (and sad) how these GB12's keep coming to my rescue and yet I treat them so shabbily.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    Azzart, Tams, Marty and 2 others like this.
  7. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Now i feel guilty Dale!

But we'll see what the Spectre Folio 4k brings next week!

8. dstrauss

A Very Merry Christmas to you good friend...no guilt during the holidays!

9. DRTigerlilly

Merry Christmas Dale! just picked up the package! I see you have passed the mantle to find a kickstand solution :p
    You have a lot of faith in my mechanical abilities;)

10. DRTigerlilly

Writing on the SGB is perfection...there is no other....

I guess the numbers don't show it, but Microsoft erred leaving Wacom....

The perfect machine would be a hybrid of the Surface's form factor and type cover and this spen and screen.

Really makes you wonder about a Samsung/Microsoft falling out...considering that devices like the Samsung Series 7 served as reference models at one point.

The Samsung keyboard is trash...straight up...and they should be embarrassed of themselves releasing that when MS had been constantly improving their keyboard offerings.