Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. ConfusedStylus

ConfusedStylus Pen Pal - Newbie

This is the only place I can find answers for this, so here goes more questions.;)

My galaxy book recently just started going to max 95% brightness, no more. I also have no full performance power option--just balanced. Anyone know how to restore the full performance? I want to love this thing--I do. But, it's kind of driving me bonkers. Thanks all.

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

On the first, never saw that before, but my old eyeballs can't stand much above 75% without seering them.

To get a full power option you'll need to create a custom power plan by right clicking on the battery icon in your system tray, select power plans, then create a new one. I have one set up for meetings where the screen doesn't shut off on me because it is a PITA to log back in when it shuts down every five minutes.

nnthemperor likes this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I'm not sure you can make a new performance power plan (one where you can properly setup cpu performance I mean) unless you get rid of Conneted Standby first.

Besides, nowadays any tabley pc in windows 10 can vary the performance just adjusting the slider from the battery icon.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I think you're right (about custom plans and the slider) :oops:

5. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

But since his windows 10 is all messed up and pre Fall Creators Update, I doubt there's any slider on the battery anyway. :D

6. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

@desertlap completely off topic, but does the GB2 keyboard have the same placement for pins as on the original GB12?

7. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm not sure since I have only seen the new one recently and the only other I have access to is the 10 inch model. Is there a way I could determine by looking at it?

8. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

not sure....looking at videos just now the placement appears to be the same, but that doesn't mean they're actually compatible I guess.

9. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

my gb10 was updated to windows 1803, from 1703 I think. is this a good update or there are known bugs?

10. lightstrum

lightstrum Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, decided to jump into a GB12. I want that EMR and LTE. Bought the SM-W728VZKCVZW which lists a PCIE drive and is fully loaded at a very good price at NewEgg. Any suggestions on setup?