Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

I saw someone selling it on ebay that had one they were using with the keyboard...let me go back and check.

Yeah it's an Incipio case but he refers to it as customized though it's not clear from the photos what mods he made. s-l1600.jpg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Thanks! For the price I think I'll may just get one and open up the exacto knife!

3. DRTigerlilly

I'm looking at the other photos (I've added,two more) and it doesn't look like the Incipio is cut as it still closed around the device, it more is beginning to look like the keyboard case the folding part, is somehow attached to incipio.

I've reached out to the seller to see if he'd be willing to share his mod.

But maybe you'll just figure it out on your own before that.

Also noting Incipio has removed the folio from their site, though they seem to exist on ebay/Amazon etc.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  4. dstrauss

I think I've figured out where you could cut the GB12 case to fit it on the front inside cover of the Incipio case but it's tricky the way the keyboard connector is attached to the back plane of the original case itself.

Hopefully this is all academic when Samsung announces their Intel GB 2 - with my brief experience with the i7Y on the Spectre Folio, it would be the perfect processor for a thin, light, LTE enabled Galaxy Book, and it easily handles 16gb RAM and 1TB SSD. It's actually kind of shocking that MS didn't use the Y series processor in the Surface Go instead of that Pentium one-off; would have made a world of difference.

WillAdams likes this.
  5. ConfusedStylus

ConfusedStylus Pen Pal - Newbie

This is the only place I can find answers for this, so here goes more questions.;)

My galaxy book recently just started going to max 95% brightness, no more. I also have no full performance power option--just balanced. Anyone know how to restore the full performance? I want to love this thing--I do. But, it's kind of driving me bonkers. Thanks all.

6. dstrauss

On the first, never saw that before, but my old eyeballs can't stand much above 75% without seering them.

To get a full power option you'll need to create a custom power plan by right clicking on the battery icon in your system tray, select power plans, then create a new one. I have one set up for meetings where the screen doesn't shut off on me because it is a PITA to log back in when it shuts down every five minutes.

nnthemperor likes this.
  7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I'm not sure you can make a new performance power plan (one where you can properly setup cpu performance I mean) unless you get rid of Conneted Standby first.

Besides, nowadays any tabley pc in windows 10 can vary the performance just adjusting the slider from the battery icon.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  8. dstrauss

I think you're right (about custom plans and the slider) :oops:

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

But since his windows 10 is all messed up and pre Fall Creators Update, I doubt there's any slider on the battery anyway. :D

10. DRTigerlilly

@desertlap completely off topic, but does the GB2 keyboard have the same placement for pins as on the original GB12?