Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

In your post you mention that the button works correctly with Krita...I presume that means the popup menu displays when you press the button? If so that isn't the experience that I'm having on a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro (I have uninstalled the Samsung Air Command garbage by the way). Pressing the button while on the canvas in Krita doesn't invoke the popup menu on my machine?

2. HowdyDoody

HowdyDoody Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all!

Just wanted to add to this that there is a way to get driver level support for right click. I personally found this better then any scripts since it works in all applications without fail. Exactly as through I were using a wacom device.

All you need to do is roll back your PenS2Device driver back to version 1.0.0.4 and install surface wintab drivers (64bit). Then disable all pen button actions in book settings.

After that, you will occasionally need to restart the Samsung Pen Service after rebooting or sometimes after sleep but what I did is just create a simple command prompt script that I keep on my desktop.

I posted more detailed instructions earlier in this forum and can do a full walkthrough if that will be useful to anyone.

Heads up that this is only "tap to click" right click rather then hover right click.

Hope that's helpful to someone!

wytn, Piton812 and DRTigerlilly like this.
  3. Piton812

Piton812 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yes, I comfirm that Autohotkey not working with some apps correctly becouse of it's lose location of mouse for some reason as you discribe... for now I trying to find out how to fix it... and now I try to understand how to see the cursor coordinates location, how to get this information from pen... if you have some advice about this I will be grateful to you...

4. Piton812

Thanx! yes it will be good if you will post detailed instruction

5. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

AHKHID has a way to extract and display all raw data for some input device, I need to check again tomorrow how to do it. BUT then finding what entries correspond to x,y coordinates of the pen and translating them is something I did not know how to do when I tried.

6. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The way to do it if you have no data, is to calibrate at start by asking the user to do something.

7. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

Piton812 likes this.
  8. Piton812

To be able to colibrate the pen we should have this coordinates.
    For now we don't know how to get the coordinates of the pen.
    If somebody can explain how to get ALL raw data from pen then we can figure out and convert this information to coordinates.
    For now we don't understand what is ALL data from pen becouse we can see only part of data from pen (as I think).
    The script I published is based on script for MS Surface device. The original script did not work as holding right click it worked as just click.
    To find out why the script not works as holding click we modified the script to make it write the log of commands goes from pen. After that we saw the pen activity but we can't say is it ALL data from pen or not becouse we don't know is ALL the commands wich goes from pen logging or just part of commands logging.
    From log we determine what commands and how we have to process to be able to get the holding right mouse button function. Using this conclusion we modfied the script get the right mouse holding click works. For now this script does not take into accaunt requirements of another users discribed above. To modify the script taking into accaunt those requirements we have to understand ALL the commands goes from pen, include the coordinate information. For now I don't see the coordinate data from the pen activity information I logged.

LeoZappa likes this.
  9. Piton812

Thanx! I think thats what will help us to figure out the coordinate data. I'll try it and tell about the result in the evening.

WillAdams and LeoZappa like this.
  10. yodamiked

yodamiked Scribbler - Standard Member

@dstrauss In regards to your quest to make the folio keyboard more stable, I wonder how stiff a re-purposed Lenovo Yoga hinge would be. I'm envisioning attaching it to the outside of the case along the seam near where the keyboard connects (but on the outside), with the back of the case laying flat against the device as it does when it's closed (essentially turning it into a standard laptop, but allowing you to still disconnect the GB from the keyboard when wanted). Kinda doubt the yoga hinge is stiff enough to support the weight, but you never know.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-f...h=item2cd9e5552f:g:KzIAAOSwISNbfWfV:rk:4:pf:0

The other option would be to take the entire hinge and kickstand from one of the miix line, and attach it to the back of the case, but that would obviously add a bit of bulk.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Ide...dbAKr~:sc:USPSPriority!10044!US!-1:rk:38:pf:0

I imagine neither would be the prettiest solution, but I'm curious if you could make something functional out of it. Either way, you'd probably want to experiment on an extra keyboard case, rather than your own.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-Ga...lPaddedFlatRateEnvelope!10044!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0

wytn and dstrauss like this.