Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Piton812

Piton812 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanx for review! Next week I'll ask my friend to see the code about problems you discribe. I'll give you know if there will be modifications of the script solving those issues.

Shizaru likes this.
  2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Samsung doesn't make it easy, that's for sure! But at least they offer a 2-in-1 with a Wacom digitizer. Without it's existing, we'd be stuck having to get an official Wacom MSP for twice the price, less reliability and no keyboard. The art tablet market is a weird place with lots of walls, but there are a few cracks here and there where the sunlight gets in.

Anyway, this driver will work:

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...-8059-E54C91C564A9/Wintab-1.0.0.18-64-bit.zip

Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    WillAdams likes this.
  3. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

This is very nice! But all AHK scripts I have seen so far, including this one, as well as Radialmenu, fail to work for UWP apps. This probably goes unoticed here as most people are artists. But I'm mostly working in Onenote and Drawboard...

What happens is that UWP apps treat mouse and stylus position as independent, so when you use these scripts you trigger a right mouse event, but at the location where the mouse last was, rather than the current location of the pen!! One would need to also decode the AHKHID raw data comeing from the pen to determine its current position, and then move th emouse at that positino before triggering the right mouse button event....

JoeS, Piton812 and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. ConfusedStylus

ConfusedStylus Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks you've been such a helpful resource on these forums. It was so much research to find the perfect tablet but yes I did decide on Wacom EMR being the best right now. There IS that HP thing but it was on sale for $1200. This was even cheaper.

5. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

In your post you mention that the button works correctly with Krita...I presume that means the popup menu displays when you press the button? If so that isn't the experience that I'm having on a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro (I have uninstalled the Samsung Air Command garbage by the way). Pressing the button while on the canvas in Krita doesn't invoke the popup menu on my machine?

6. HowdyDoody

HowdyDoody Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey all!

Just wanted to add to this that there is a way to get driver level support for right click. I personally found this better then any scripts since it works in all applications without fail. Exactly as through I were using a wacom device.

All you need to do is roll back your PenS2Device driver back to version 1.0.0.4 and install surface wintab drivers (64bit). Then disable all pen button actions in book settings.

After that, you will occasionally need to restart the Samsung Pen Service after rebooting or sometimes after sleep but what I did is just create a simple command prompt script that I keep on my desktop.

I posted more detailed instructions earlier in this forum and can do a full walkthrough if that will be useful to anyone.

Heads up that this is only "tap to click" right click rather then hover right click.

Hope that's helpful to someone!

wytn, Piton812 and DRTigerlilly like this.
  7. Piton812

Yes, I comfirm that Autohotkey not working with some apps correctly becouse of it's lose location of mouse for some reason as you discribe... for now I trying to find out how to fix it... and now I try to understand how to see the cursor coordinates location, how to get this information from pen... if you have some advice about this I will be grateful to you...

8. Piton812

Thanx! yes it will be good if you will post detailed instruction

9. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

AHKHID has a way to extract and display all raw data for some input device, I need to check again tomorrow how to do it. BUT then finding what entries correspond to x,y coordinates of the pen and translating them is something I did not know how to do when I tried.

10. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The way to do it if you have no data, is to calibrate at start by asking the user to do something.