Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

That size and heft is a big issue; I don't even like carrying my SB2 after having the GB12 in my bag. The Elite X2 1013 is a better weight/size tradeoff than the ZBook. Maybe I need Wheaties...its one of the things hanging me up on the HP Spectre X2.

2. dstrauss

Greedy - perhaps - but why should it even be a question - it's a laydown to me, and then they can upcharge you $69-$99 for the big pen if you really want one.

3. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for that link. I do believe that is the first review that's specifically called out the issue, and in great detail. I'm impressed, reviewers are getting better. :)

For yourself, have you stuck with 1703 up until now? Did the registry fix on later builds not work? Which applications (besides native MS ones like Edge) were still broken after the fix was applied?

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Back to the bench press for awhile.:vbwink:

5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm still on 1703 --- I went over to Best Buy and tried text selection the new way, but it made me so angry I wanted to throw the tablet across the store.

Apparently disabling Windowsink will fix this, as will toggling off touch --- I have a Wacom Intuos on my desktop at work, and since it's a model w/o touch, text selection is fine with it.

6. Piton812

Piton812 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi! Who can help me with remaping s-pen button to right click mouse. I saw the great solution from Fotd (using autohotkey) it works perfect for for photoshop for example but it works only like right click button and I can't use it in Blender for example. Don't you know is there the way using autohotkey to make the s-pen button to work as right mouse button click and after that it will hold pressed right button till you press s-pen button again? I use Blender on samsung galaxy book 12 and there is the problem to select the vertex without this function. Radial Menu can do this but it's not working correctly usig another functions... Here is the gif file what I'm talking about (select by right click in Blender) https://yadi.sk/d/xlg9e8iSW2D_gg
    Need not only select the vertex but also move it after selection (in PC it's happens when you hold the right click button mouse). Thanx

7. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Which browser are you using? Have you tried with with the registry fix on any later builds?

I'm on 1803 and Firefox the text selection works like normal. On Chrome/Opera, after you set the "direct manipulation stylus" flag, text selection works fine as well (but dragging some application UI may still be buggy).

bloodycape likes this.
  8. ConfusedStylus

ConfusedStylus Pen Pal - Newbie

Is Wintab or Tablet pc a better option in Clip Paint studio? Anyone know? First time setting up Galaxy Book 12. Thanks!

9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Wintab will give you a smoother and straighter stroke but will make you lose tilt sensitivity.
    Tablet PC will give you better curves, a certain degree of noise in the stroke and tilt sensitivity.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  10. dstrauss

Call out to all the artists here: @Azzart, @surfaceproartist , @thatcomicsguy , et al - is there this much struggle in MacOS/iOS land with hacks and near jailbreaks to get a good stylus experience? The reason I ask is my daughter is getting here doctorate in archaeology and art history (Mayan hieroglyphics), and I'm looking at Christmas presents. Like most students, she has grown up on Apple, so that is a factor.