Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Piton812

Piton812 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi! Who can help me with remaping s-pen button to right click mouse. I saw the great solution from Fotd (using autohotkey) it works perfect for for photoshop for example but it works only like right click button and I can't use it in Blender for example. Don't you know is there the way using autohotkey to make the s-pen button to work as right mouse button click and after that it will hold pressed right button till you press s-pen button again? I use Blender on samsung galaxy book 12 and there is the problem to select the vertex without this function. Radial Menu can do this but it's not working correctly usig another functions... Here is the gif file what I'm talking about (select by right click in Blender) https://yadi.sk/d/xlg9e8iSW2D_gg
    Need not only select the vertex but also move it after selection (in PC it's happens when you hold the right click button mouse). Thanx

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Which browser are you using? Have you tried with with the registry fix on any later builds?

I'm on 1803 and Firefox the text selection works like normal. On Chrome/Opera, after you set the "direct manipulation stylus" flag, text selection works fine as well (but dragging some application UI may still be buggy).

bloodycape likes this.
  3. ConfusedStylus

ConfusedStylus Pen Pal - Newbie

Is Wintab or Tablet pc a better option in Clip Paint studio? Anyone know? First time setting up Galaxy Book 12. Thanks!

4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Wintab will give you a smoother and straighter stroke but will make you lose tilt sensitivity.
    Tablet PC will give you better curves, a certain degree of noise in the stroke and tilt sensitivity.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Call out to all the artists here: @Azzart, @surfaceproartist , @thatcomicsguy , et al - is there this much struggle in MacOS/iOS land with hacks and near jailbreaks to get a good stylus experience? The reason I ask is my daughter is getting here doctorate in archaeology and art history (Mayan hieroglyphics), and I'm looking at Christmas presents. Like most students, she has grown up on Apple, so that is a factor.

6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

My stylus experience with the iPad Pro had been the best I had so far, so I suppose I don't count much. Not sure what you mean with hacks and jailbreak though

7. dstrauss

My terminology of "hacks and jail breaks" may have been too harsh, but when you start talking about all of the software and registry tweaks it takes to get the performance you want, that sounds like a lot of hacking of the software and OS to make it work.

I even look at @Bronsky's continuing issue with hooks on letters when printing a pretty big inconsistency that shouldn't be there in a pen and system actually designed by its creator...in fact, that's what troubles me the most about N-Trig vs Wacom EMR - even Microsoft can't bring parity, which leads me to believe that it is an inherently inferior digital pen system.

In fairness, Apple is designing solely for its own hardware and OS, but MS had access to the superior Wacom EMR tech and doubled down on N-Trig - and I don't buy the "thinness and battery saving" arguments for N-Trig because it doesn't get much thinner or battery dependent than the Galaxy Note series. It was just cheaper.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Damn!

An HP backed Windows 10 OS? -Where they factory lock it for you to prevent auto-upgrading into broken pen territory, but where you can still go to HP for updates that they presumably sort through first in order to weed out broken junk?

Good job, HP..!

WillAdams likes this.
  9. dstrauss

In reality isn't this "bass-akwards" so to speak? Fear of your own OS vendor?

thatcomicsguy and DRTigerlilly like this.
  10. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

but warranted...

even the Surface is getting borked by updates...

just sloppy...