Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

They have to know that my money is ready too if fan less m3 or more, 8/512. And I can pay more if silo, kickstand, 8", 2 usbc, adaptive bezel.

dstrauss likes this.
  2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not really related to the topic, but I saw a video of Google's new Pixel slate and couldn't help but wonder who it is really for.
    However, if Goggle allows windows on it (I heard somewhere they're going to be supporting windows on their devices), it might end up being the perfect 10" windows pc, but for that origami KB.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

I get the feeling that mess is going to go the way of the rest of pixel devices (bar the phones): flawed and forgotten.

I can't get over no headphone jack on it. No headphone jack. Deranged lot.

It's a very good competitor at that, bar the SoC (the 835 is far behind Apple's latest, even if it isn't the 'desktop killer' some claim it to be) and the lack of apps (mainly equivalent art apps)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  4. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

I tried various drivers from dell and lenovo, for windows 7 and 8.1 and I never see the tab'' share'' and ''PIM interface''. I am stuck with the awful interface by microsoft to send and receive files via bluetooth

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Different venue (Starbucks Midland TX, not Santa Fe - a little ambiance challenged) but same issues. This GB12 is one hell of a computer. I'm surrounded by fruit (MacBook - 12, Pro, and Air; couple iPad Pros) and a few HP/Dell users. The GB12 screen is amazing (even with all the nera 4k stuff around me), keyboard far better than anything the fruits are using (save the MacBook Air); I've got a legit computer, decent tablet, for 2.5#.

Just thinking, how cool would this thing be with a kickstand, 8th gen i7 with 16gb RAM, 512GB SSD, and one of the two USB-C ports pushing TB3? We would be approaching perfection, wouldn't we (perfection demands LTE and the GN9 yellow S-Pen in a silo)?

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
    lovelaptops and DRTigerlilly like this.
  7. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You just described the ZBook x2

8. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

@dstrauss , aren't we getting a little greedy with the GN9 yellow S-Pen? Ok, in fairness, you did say "approaching perfection."

So, what's the diff in price between the current GB12 w/8GB/256GB/7th gen i5 and the ZBook x2 specd as @dstrauss fantasy GB12? I would think it reasonable if Samsung added at most $750 - which would be unreasonable, unless the kickstand, er, kicked butt! - to a refresh as he, er, fantasizes. But I'm guessing the delta between the current ZBook x2 with @dstrauss 's config and the current GB12 as I've described above is more like $1,500, no?

9. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well keep in mind, while the Galaxy Book 12 can be found now much cheaper....it is about a year and a half old...... when it came out the the Best Buy 12-inch Black model that only had a paltry 4GB of Ram itself retailed for over a thousand and the elusive 8GB model was around $1300-$1400 if memory recalls. While the Zbook did (and does) certainly have a higher price point, you get the Kickstand, Quadro Graphics, Express Keys, tons of ports included 2 USB-C Thunderbolt ports, and depending on the model/config Dream Color and anywhere from 8GB to 32GB of Ram. More money for the Zbook for sure, but enough added features to warrant the trade off. The only real con in the Zbook's side is the thickness & weight.

thatcomicsguy and WillAdams like this.
  10. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

thatcomicsguy and Marty like this.