Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Azzart I just updated my Book and Photoshop and the gestures work as expected here.

2. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

While I am not using photoshop every day, it seems that basic gestures work fine on my GB12.
    Things like zooming and canva moving/rotatinh are fine for example.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Thanks both.
    I've just updated a few minutes ago Photoshop to the latest version and everything works finite now. :)

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Panic Attacks - I've had a slew this weekend, all surrounding text messages - missed from my iPhone family, and group messages failed miserably. Moved SIM back to iPhone and re-enabled iMessage and I was back in the loop for a weekend of activities - but I WANT THE GALAXY NOTE 9.

So I swapped SIM back one more time; disabled iMessage and Facetime, and going to give it one more full week. What keeps me trying (beside S-Pen, silo, big screen, battery, etc) is Sakitech's 250 tips and tricks video which proves the GN9 is almost TOO customizable. After trying to set up Samsung Flow, I will keep going through his deep dive and see what Monday brings me.

nnthemperor likes this.
  5. 2ndHouse

2ndHouse Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had the same experience, I had trouble with RadialMenu always working so I went with Toolbar Creator and the AHK script. With the AHK script right clicking only worked in some applications, never could get it to work in CSP or Chrome, I have to long press in those applications, which isn't ideal

I always thought it was more a problem with those apps, but your experience is making me wonder if the AHK script needs some fixes. Did right clicking work correctly in CSP using RadialMenu? I never got around to right click testing with RadialMenu in different apps.

The whole thing is more complicated than it needs to be, I don't see why there are not more options available for the pen button via the GB settings.

6. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I thought the imessage can work even without a Sim, no?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

7. Azzart

I'm so tempted to sell my Note 8 and get a Compact Phone like the Xperia XZ1 Compact.
    I'm just a step away from doing it. :D

8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Why, is there a problem with the phone or is it the size?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

RadialMenu works perfectly in CSP. When it works. -Which is 99% of the time.

I find while the computer is booting up or coming out of sleep, (as well as at other infrequent and mysterious times), if you try to use the pen button, it will cause RadialMenu to fail and shut down. -Then I have to struggle to get it going again, and while I always manage to do so, it's an annoyance and one of the reasons it is difficult for me to recommend Samsung with total confidence.

The AHK solution should be tweakable to work with CSP. (CSP obviously has its own proprietary function calls operating which need to be taken into account.) I was hoping somebody had already figured out how to do it, but it sounds like one of those stories where, "If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself!"

Fan-bloody-tastic. I am NOT a coder and fixing it will involve me struggling a lot and then asking questions of real coders and going back to struggling again. All of which is daunting. -And why I am using RadialMenu again for the time being.

But I'm only just now aware of the AHK limitation. If I'd looked into this a year ago, I bet it would be solved by now. (Probably would have begged lblb to take a look at the AHK code and snap his magic fingers!)

10. Azzart

Size.
    I'm fed up of giant phones, give me back something the size of my Lumia 735!