Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That's the thing I don't understand. They go and pack all those features on a stupid Android tablet (Tab 4 or whatever it's called), but can't spice up a productive GB10.6. I hope they run into deep reds on that device.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I was and am really tempted by the Note 9 --- having trouble dealing with the available colours. For the iPhone, maybe if they do a version which supports the Apple Pencil, and make a Pencil where the tip doesn't click when you press.

For either, I'm not wild about the on-going monthly bill. I'd probably buy an Pod Touch which supported the Apple Pencil though (but would miss the synergy of two EMR devices).

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I guess I've gotten past color choices anymore because I never use a phone without at least a thin skin like case (Totallee) or for my iPhone X an Apple leather case - no one knows what color device I have.

WillAdams and nnthemperor like this.
  4. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

HELP!

I hate fighting with the search function on these forums. I hereby invoke "People's Memories & Expertise"!

So I was finding Radialmenu to be flake-tastic. It would work 95% of the time, and then just... go away without an error message or anything. The only way to turn it back on was to perform some Pigeon Magic, (randomly jab at the screen icon while appealing to the sky gods), and after ten or so abortive start/fails, it would either resume function or I'd just re-install the goddamned thing which would usually fix it.

I finally got fed up with this, and took the time to install the AHK solution. -Which works really well!

Except in Clip Studio Paint, where a barrel button click does exactly nothing.

Please, folks who know, how does one get the AutoHotKey side-button solution to work in CSP?

Thank-you in advance!

5. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Has anyone used Photoshop cc2017/2018 with the Galaxy Book and latest Windows 10 updates?
    A friend of mine found today that touch gestures doesn't work properly anymore. Only in Photoshop.
    I tried installing cc2018 on the book 10.6 and gestures in there don't work at all.
    But I'm on insider preview Fall release candidate, so I can't uninstall updates at pleasure.

6. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Azzart I just updated my Book and Photoshop and the gestures work as expected here.

7. ticol

ticol Pen Pal - Newbie

While I am not using photoshop every day, it seems that basic gestures work fine on my GB12.
    Things like zooming and canva moving/rotatinh are fine for example.

surfaceproartist likes this.
  8. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Thanks both.
    I've just updated a few minutes ago Photoshop to the latest version and everything works finite now. :)

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Panic Attacks - I've had a slew this weekend, all surrounding text messages - missed from my iPhone family, and group messages failed miserably. Moved SIM back to iPhone and re-enabled iMessage and I was back in the loop for a weekend of activities - but I WANT THE GALAXY NOTE 9.

So I swapped SIM back one more time; disabled iMessage and Facetime, and going to give it one more full week. What keeps me trying (beside S-Pen, silo, big screen, battery, etc) is Sakitech's 250 tips and tricks video which proves the GN9 is almost TOO customizable. After trying to set up Samsung Flow, I will keep going through his deep dive and see what Monday brings me.

nnthemperor likes this.
  10. 2ndHouse

2ndHouse Pen Pal - Newbie

I've had the same experience, I had trouble with RadialMenu always working so I went with Toolbar Creator and the AHK script. With the AHK script right clicking only worked in some applications, never could get it to work in CSP or Chrome, I have to long press in those applications, which isn't ideal

I always thought it was more a problem with those apps, but your experience is making me wonder if the AHK script needs some fixes. Did right clicking work correctly in CSP using RadialMenu? I never got around to right click testing with RadialMenu in different apps.

The whole thing is more complicated than it needs to be, I don't see why there are not more options available for the pen button via the GB settings.