Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

How well does the Galaxy Note stylus work on the Galaxy Book? Any offset? What about the other way? It's the same pen/digitizer technology for both, right?

2. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yes, and it works pretty much perfectly. I'm using an S-Pen designed for the Note 7.

A few of us did an in-depth examination on this subject. (I did a video testing for offset). http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/old-gen-emr-vs-current-gen-emr.74377/page-3#post-524719

I would think that Samsung's 5% share holdings of Wacom stock means they're in for the long haul.

WillAdams and dellaster like this.
  3. HowdyDoody

HowdyDoody Pen Pal - Newbie

In regard to that topic I just picked up the S Pen for the Galaxy Tab S4 and it works great for the Galaxy Book. Prefer it over the Galaxy Book S Pen for sure. Regular cylinder design feels better in your hand. Improved nibs that give a more predictable resistance. Button works like Previous S Pen as well.

WillAdams and thatcomicsguy like this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

So what's taking Samsung so long to come out with updated versions of the GB10 and 12?

Tams, nnthemperor and DRTigerlilly like this.
  5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Good question. I so wish they'll come out sparing no punches on this line even if it costs a little more.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

6. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

They may be a part of the October 2 "moment"

7. Tom P. Cull

Tom P. Cull Pen Pal - Newbie

Sorry, to go over this but I cannot find a definitive answer whether Power Delivery charging is supported by the Galaxy Book 10.6 .
    So, tl;dr, is it supported? Is it supported only on snail speeds or does it charge faster ?

8. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Mine worked normally.
    I tested using the Galaxy Book 10.6 attached to a usb-c hub. Attached to the hub was a 1920x1080 external display via hdmi and its usb cable for touch, power was provided by my Anker Powercore+ 26800 power bank through pd.

9. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Well, the die is cast - as I explained over in the Acer Switch 7 thread, GB12 has won the battle (during a "talk to myself" session at a Starbucks in downtown Santa Fe of all places). If the 2018 model does ship with LTE, I'll switch to it. Otherwise, this GB12 has a lot of gas left in the tank...

PS - bought the Note 9 today new off eBay (sans sales tax, aka a New Jersey purchase)...the switch to Samsung is in full swing...

DRTigerlilly and thatcomicsguy like this.
  10. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

For now, I'm satisfied with my 3-device solution; GN8,GB10.6, & SB. If I had the money, I'd exchange the SB for the 15" SB2.

Sent from mTalk