Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

...that is 100% normal Windows behavior. The good news is that you can change this.

Right click the battery icon in the notification tray and select Power Options. Change Plan Settings > Change advanced power settings. Expand Sleep and change the Hibernate after settings to Never.

If you do this while on battery, you may find the GB dead from no battery when you next use it anyway. The battery loss during sleep is nonzero and it never lasts long for me.

thatcomicsguy and nnthemperor like this.
  2. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

Digitizer Problems
    Has anyone notice "dead spots" across the digitizer? Places where the pen won't mark?

I've replicated the problem in the same zone starting near the upper left corner
    (1) with two different apps - OneNote and Sketchable, and
    (2) three different EMR pens

It's almost like it loses pressure sensitivity there. Seems to affect touch too.

Thanks in advance

3. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Gb10 or 12 ?
    I can go everywhere with the pen on my gb10.

4. Timdatim

Timdatim Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,
    I am new in this discussion. I cannot find any infos about:

Is the 10“ Galaxy Book upgradable?
    The 12“ ssd is changeable. But the 10“ version? Does anyone knows about? Ram+eMMC?

5. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

UPDATE: I moved to a different part of the room and it went away. As I looked back over my desk, I realized there were likely magnetic fields from other devices I recently placed there. I hope that is the final answer.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Interesting! I've only ever run into that problem with EMR when being really obtuse about it, like placing my 2-in-1 on top of my Cintiq while both were turned on. It totally wigs out the stylus action.

Bishop and WillAdams like this.
  7. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

To my knowledge, everything is soldered and thus non-upgradeable in the GB10. It's definitely its greatest weakness.

Ha! I've done something similar. I once placed my phone, a Galaxy Note 4, over my TPT2 while they were both on. Drained my phone battery like nuts. I made sure to never do that again.

8. wytn

wytn Scribbler - Standard Member

Having just recently upgraded my GB 10.6 to the Win10 April major update, i can confirm this is a 'new feature' introduced with this version... (But perhaps not in every software, or not in equel ways in every software...)

9. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

There appears to be a driver update for the GB12:

Capture.PNG

Notice that the version number indicates beginning of May, even if it was published on Aug 30.

Unfortunately I get an error when I try to download it... And samsung update does not find any updates...

10. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

there is the samething for the GB10
    AUG 30,2018 | ver 20180502 | 450.97 MB
    With the program ''samsung updates'' on windows, there is no new drivers found.

Can someone upload the previous (and only) version of the pack of drivers ? I think I have deleted them.