Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Koriel

Koriel Pen Pal - Newbie

Same issue here. Need to use some kind of art glove if I don't wan't to end mad with it :')
    Specially bad in Leonardo, at least in my case.

Azzart likes this.
  2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

That sounds a lot like the issues I had after initially updating to Fall Creator's Update, when Microsoft borked up the pen like crazy. Luckily, it was an easy fix then for CSP- I just had to install the update that fixed this behavior.

Of course, my GB10 is not currently on the April update, since I apparently do not have enough disk space for it. (I apparently overprovisioned my disk space and have 17GB unallocated. I do not remember doing this, but it's there, so I must have.)

Anyway, I don't see this behavior on my GB10, but I am also not on the April update, so I don't know how useful my data point is.

Azzart and thatcomicsguy like this.
  3. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Pen Pal - Newbie

4. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

For those who don't have a 10.6" device and for @Bronsky this is how palm rejection performs (badly) in OneNote:

Enjoy.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018 at 10:04 AM
    Bronsky likes this.
  5. Mytabletacct

Mytabletacct Pen Pal - Newbie

In Windows 10 palm rejection fix
    Control Panel - Devices - Pen & Windows Ink - Ignore touch input when I'm using my pen

6. Azzart

It's already selected. ;)

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Thanks for this.

Azzart likes this.
  8. bierot

bierot Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi Azzart,

I think some months ago you sold your SP17 because its random lack of accuracy when tilting the pen. Maybe you already know, but firmware update 429.0.1.10 solves the problem. It might also work for your Surface Book 2.

I also bought a Samsung Book 12, but I eventually returned it because I never got used to its inconsistent accuracy across the screen; in some areas the ink appeared right under the tip but in others it showed an around-one-mm parallax. Although I must recognize that jitter and IAF are better than the SP17 ones, I prefer the balanced combination (accuracy-jitter-IAF-lattency) that the Microsoft device now offers with the last firmware updates.

9. Azzart

The Surface Book 2 has always performed far better than the Surface Pro right out of the box I'd say.
    I received a general update today but I don't see any difference in pen performance: it's always pretty decent with the usual random loss of accuracy when the tilt compensation doesn't work. With a glove on is better but still not perfect.
    And still miles away from the perfect accuracy I get with the emr pen from Samsung I fear. It's almost like comparing a crayon and a mechanical 0.7 pencil.
    If the Surface Book wasn't so good in all the other computing aspects aside from penwork, I think I would have sold it already to get an Hp Zbook X2. :)

10. bierot

bierot Pen Pal - Newbie

I imagine I received a defective Samsung Book 12 unit because I never got the accuracy I'm experiencing with the SP17 since yesterday, when I installed the firmware update 429.0.1.10. Today I've spent quite a lot of time testing the pen with the palm of my naked writing hand resting on the screen, and it never showed that annoying random loss of accuracy. During the last year I've tried the new Microsoft pen with at least twenty SP17 (I've owned three units and I've tested several more in display at different Spanish retailers) and all of them showed that random behaviour. With that update mine is the first one that don't show that irritating misconduct. If I were you I would check you really got that update installed in your SB2 (I needed to run three times the Windows Update feature before I managed to install it in my tablet).

(Sorry everyone for talking about a device different to the one of this thread)