Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

I for one am not sold on the whole snapdragon windows thing, and its a major shame that Samsung has not considered a sequel to this godly device. Give me a 13 inch galaxy book and please take my money! Snap dragon is years away from the performance I desire, I still do some audio production on my galaxy book in addition to art, no issues with the intel processors. I would like better battery life, but who wouldn't, that's why anker has such a great business model lol.

Until a galaxy book II, I think I'm more satisfied as I've ever been with this device, even though I'm trying to fight my internal new tech itch. I bought my gf an iPad for her birthday, partly because I couldn't justify ever buying one for myself, and although the pencil is nice, the device is severely limited (not that she notices :rolleyes:). The galaxy book 12 just falls right into the spectrum between iPad Pros quality inking and the infinitely capable capable Wacom Monstrosity Studio. Gonna be hard for me to budge to a lesser product.

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I agree, but give it to us in the current form factor - just cut down on the wasted bezel space!

Bishop, Telstar1948 and nnthemperor like this.
  3. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Bless you Dale. In this age of bezeless devices, how hard to it be to make a 13"device in a 12" size device or 11"in a 10" size device?
    Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Telstar1948 and gobmonster like this.
  4. dstrauss

I did it again (big surprise) - picked up an eBay special - new factory sealed GB12/8gb/256gb for $800. There are a bunch of the new unopened models selling for $800-$900 from 99%+ vendors on eBay, so my gut tells me the replacement for the GB 10.6 and 12 must be out there in the pipeline or at least soon.

WACOM EMR ADDICTION - what can I say. Can't wait for Samsung to be hauled before Congress to deny that EMR is addictive, just like Big Tobacco so many years ago. You're lying through your teeth Samsung!

My wife, and my law partners, are just shaking their heads in in disbelief, but my friends here KNEW this was inevitable! Now if I could just extricate myself from Apple's walled kudzu garden, and add that Note 9 that is only a couple of months away...
    [​IMG]
    That's probably as unlikely as staying away from EMR in the first place...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Brian Miller, AriWS and gobmonster like this.
  5. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hahaha! No surprises here. We saw that coming with the EMR itch that got serious with each post.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

6. dstrauss

[​IMG]

nnthemperor and alaskajoel like this.
  7. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

I guess the surprising thing is that you stayed away from EMR for so long. ;)

dstrauss likes this.
  8. dstrauss

You know, I told myself, and our tribe here, it didn't matter, that I was going to make due with this powerhouse SB2...and then I cratered again even as I found the iPad Pro to be syncing very well with the SB2. But then every time I was in a meeting with a client I'd need to look at one more document that was on the server (as we are trying hard to go as paperless as possible) and there I'd stand empty handed and run off to print a copy...even with FileBrowser on the iPad...pretty lame, I know. Then there is that feel of silk when using the S Pen on my 4gb/128gb GB 12...What can I say?

Time to sell the GB12 light, IPad Pro 10.5, and hand down the SB2, that's what...ouch...it's like having the entire D-Day assault force at your disposal, but picking Seal Team Six for the precision strike...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Telstar1948 and dellaster like this.
  9. dellaster

dellaster On Hiatus Senior Member

Whoa! Somebody is getting a sweet hand-me-down!

It might have been a time-consuming and expensive process, but at least now you really, truly know that you can't compromise on EMR. :thumbsup: That'll cut down on the options and make the choice easier (=fewer returns) next time around. :newpalm:

dstrauss likes this.
  10. dstrauss

Well, it is a company computer, so the business hand me down is not as good as my wife or one of the kids getting it. The scary part is that you are right - my love for Wacom has now trumped all else, so where will that leave me from now on - Samsung and perhaps Acer (although the Acer Switch 7 has NEVER released); and Samsung has a real PHOBIA about SSD's larger than 256gb (witness the Samsung Notebook 9 Pro - 8th gen i7 with 16gb RAM but maxes out at 256gb SSD). I guess when they finally take away my buggy whip I'll have to look for a new ride...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    Telstar1948 and thatcomicsguy like this.