Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Yep. That sounds pretty much like the standard experience.

Cheap-ass Windows gear; I'm stuck somewhere between pride and affection -and a heartfelt face palm with added curse words.

2. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

[​IMG]

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  3. thatcomicsguy

The N9P also has a new and totally undocumented update:

screenshot.116.jpg
    Look everybody! Version 2.1.14.1 of "Software" is now available!

It's about time. I've been waiting for them to update their software for ages!

(Hard pass, thanks. Sheesh.)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    WillAdams likes this.
  4. LeoZappa

LeoZappa Pen Pal - Newbie

On the other hand, since updating the firmware I find a new option in Samsung Book Settings: there is a tab "Preferred Performance Mode" (or something similar, I have it in Italian: "Modalità prestazione Preferita") which wasn't there a few hours ago. Supposedly it allows to get extra performance (at the cost of battery and heat) when the keyboard is connected.

I have also fiddled with the registry earlier today, so maybe the firmware update has nothing to do with this and I rather unlocked some hidden option there...? hmmm....

5. thatcomicsguy

I did a little digging; the update is a giant bundle of updated drivers and bios upgrades which you can select among or just do all of. The initial download was for an interactive update window. Pretty cool, actually. I'm in the middle of installing all that stuff now. If I vanish for a while, it means either it's so interesting that I can't be bothered to post here, or my system bricked.

Stay tuned...

6. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

does it show up as an update through the application ''samsung updater'' on windows 10 ?

7. thatcomicsguy

Well... I updated and everything went more or less smoothly and my computer is still a computer and not a brick.

It did hang part way on the "Touchscreen FW" driver, possibly because I got tired of watching it load and install stuff and was messing around on line (posting here, actually), so I had to manually re-boot. But after that it picked up and carried on and installed everything correctly.

No major changes to note. (I had hoped that maybe the Windows Ink / WinTab interaction with Clip Studio Paint would be improved, but nope.)

8. Sherri

Sherri Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know if you can uninstall Windows 10 from the Galaxy Book and install Windows 7?

9. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

with windows, it is safer to keep the partition C: with windows 10, to minimize its size by removing unnecessary programs and then create another partition D: where you put the new windows.
    Once everything works, you hide the partition C: and rename the partition D to C:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  10. Sherri

Sherri Pen Pal - Newbie

Thank you for your help! I will try that. :)