Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Hold the pen the way you would normally do while calibrating instead of perpendicular.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I really like Photodon. They have screen protectors with different degrees of matte-ness so you can choose how draggy you want it to be. I use MXH. I pair it with a felt nib for my favorite pen feel.

fishdavis likes this.
  3. fishdavis

fishdavis Scribbler - Standard Member

me too, and I also like how it feels with the white nib on the SPen/Staedtler Noris. Feels way better than the glassy default

4. silverwolf0

silverwolf0 Pen Pal - Newbie

So have finally tried a usb-c to hdmi adapter and I am only getting 30hz. I know the adapter works because I've been using it on an ideapad 720s with 2-lane thunderbolt 3 port with zero issues at 4k 60hz on my LG tv. The adapter is specifically designed for 4k60hz and uses DP-alt with an active converter to turn the signal into hdmi 2.0.

https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-uni-Thunderbolt-Compatible-Pixelbook/dp/B075V68NVR

I am also getting a usb not recognized error in my notifications. I've already used samsung update to install the latest drivers.

Shizaru likes this.
  5. Theme57

Theme57 Pen Pal - Newbie

How is everyone's battery life doing so far after extended use?

6. BatFastard

BatFastard Pen Pal - Newbie

That is disappointing. My Galaxy Book 12 comes on Monday and that was the first thing I was going to try. I have an adapter I use with my MacBook Pro that works at 4k60hz on my LG 43UD79-B.

I won't need to have it plugged into that monitor often, but the option to do it at 4k60hz would have been nice.

7. Tams

Tams Scribbler - Standard Member

How's the battery life on the 10 inch version going? I'm especially interested in terms of light usage.

It may sound silly, but I'm thinking of getting this for my mother as a general tablet. She's at the point where a new operating system is just too much hassle, so Windows is fine (other than Windows she's only used Amstrads...). I know Windows standby battery life isn't the best, but if it can sufficiently keep charge for a few days of very light use, that would be great.

nnthemperor likes this.
  8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Not great, but I set mine to not charge beyond 85% and that might be the reason. Then again, it depends on what your defined as light usage. With OneNote app linking, drawboard or Xodo, edge with two tabs and recommended brightness level, I get about 5hrs. Of course, with WiFi and Bluetooth on.
    Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Tams and WillAdams like this.
  9. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

with the limitation at 85%, for webrowsing over wifi, it is 6--8hours I think.

10. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

When the limitation of 85% is applied, can the battery be discharged to 0% ? Is it not simpler to charge up to 100% and recharge the battery around 15%?