Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If I have understood, you have solved by yourself your problem.
    And you will not find a better pen on a windows machine except waiting, waiting.
    So I will not give you an advice, because you will not follow it.

dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  2. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

That time has long since passed.:newpalm:

3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

DRTigerlilly and dstrauss like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

I feel your pain. Once I gave in and was assimilated to OneDrive this solution presented itself to me in a feverish dream:

(a) Your data is available from any device with OneDrive; and
    (b) You rarely ink when you're stationary.

So, I have a stationary desktop. My GB12 or HPEN8 are my "non-stationary" solutions, depending on intensity and luggage volume. (See what I did there: avoided "mobile" in a Windows platform discussion?)

dstrauss likes this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

ALL excellent advice (especially @thierryb) - maybe I should go this route:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Don’t give up on EMR dstrauss. You’ll just come back again anyways. Why start the circle all over again?

Either make do with your current “less than perfect” setup, or relegate your Book to primary inking device only.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  7. dstrauss

Surprisingly, I am on the verge of "making due" by busting out the GB12 "Big" (to give me some more headroom) and call it a day - SERIOUSLY - your circle comment is so perfect -

I'll be right back here b*t**ing about I have to have Wacom EMR and bemoaning the two device shuffle/syncing issues. You may have saved me an expensive therapy session (or 200)...

Yeah Wacom, this is dstrauss, go ahead...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 10:43 PM
    DRTigerlilly likes this.
  8. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

Would it be nice to have a 15" clamshell laptop with a trackpoint and superb keyboard that also had EMR and yet could detach and be a tablet? Yes, but it doesn't exist.

So I make do with an excellent yoga with AES and necessary trackpoint, and use only EMR secondary devices for my inking. Whether thats an underpowered Thinkpad Tablet, or an Android tablet, etc etc ... that doesn't matter. But I've done non-EMR, and it sucked. AES is fine for the simple schematic work I do on the laptop, but inking... me loves me EMR. :) The secondary device is worth it for me.

dstrauss and DRTigerlilly like this.
  9. dstrauss

Thanks so much Steve. You don't know how your simple comment about starting the circle was like a light bulb going off for me. I went back and looked at a lot of old posts of my own, and I have been going in circles, back to Wacom, back to one device, ever since the Compaq/HP days and early Wacom digitizers you had to calibrate every other restart.

I have broken open GB12 Big and we're moving on down the road. Plugging two cables has got to be better than giving up EMR and an iPad Pro size device.

Thanks! :vbbiggrin::thumbsup::hi:

10. dstrauss

The interminable Windows updates are installing, and Windows Pro upgrade is next. By this time tomorrow we should be fully operational with a 400gb msdxc card on the way - leaves me with even more storage than the Acer Switch 7.

Logically the AS7 is the superior device, but looking at everything through my rose colored glasses the thing I will miss will be the S pen and silo - maybe Galaxy Book 2?

To infinity and beyond (and maybe join @Bronsky in the Galaxy Note pool!

Kumabjorn likes this.