Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. easy2day

easy2day Pen Pal - Newbie

@koz2050: Thanks for the hint regarding disabling Connected Standby. That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks so much!

@Azzart: My intention was to use the GB10 just as an Android tablet: Listen to music and don't waste energy with the screen being turend on. I listen to music with windows programs, not windows apps. In case I use a Win10 app (!) music player, the GB10 acts like an Android tablet: It goes to some sleep state (e.g. screen is off) and the music continues to play.

@all: Can someone please test if it is possible to turn off the screen by using the function key Fn and F5? An icon is printed on the geman keyboard layout F5 key that this was a sreen off button in combination with the Fn key. But it does not work at my GB10. A short and brief feedback would be nice.

Thanks in advance,
    easy2day

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Fn F5 is for activating / deactivating the trackpad of the keyboard.

WillAdams likes this.
  3. easy2day

easy2day Pen Pal - Newbie

@thierryb: Thank you! Can't belive that I didn't correctly recognize what the icon meant.

4. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

you can use the program TurnOffLCD.exe size = 85kb to turn off the lcd. I did not test it on the GB though. then get a program to bind the key to this exe

5. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

Hello everyone, long time no see!

One of my usb-c ports has stopped working. Does not charge or accept multiport adapter.

6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Oh boy. This is exactly why I'm so hesitant about the Acer Switch 7- only one usb-c port! At least your GB12 should still be under warranty, probably? I have no idea how long the standard warranty is on the Galaxy Books.

7. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes it is still under warranty.
    Switch is too big to have only one usb-c! I did not follow that topic, how is the battery of S7 btw?

8. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

It's a 37whr battery. The spec sheet claims 10 hours, but I think there was an early review that clocked it at around four or five hours. It doesn't ship until March, so that number may change.

9. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone found a small / slim case / sleeve which works especially well? Ideally one which also accommodates the portfolio keyboard case as well.

It won't fit in the small bag I carry pretty much constantly, and I'm not willing to carry that and my old vertical laptop bag (which is what I used to carry constantly), and when I bought a Chrome Industries Kadet bag, the tablet fit well enough, but didn't leave much room for aught else and had odd empty areas to either side of the tablet (and my son as claimed that to carry his Nintendo Switch in (will also accept suggestions for Switch cases).

My idea is to get a small case/sleeve and just attach that to the small bag (It's a Maxpedition Proteus Versipack clone, though I wasn't aware of that when I bought it, or I'd've gotten the genuine article --- the knockoff doesn't use nice zippers).

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Nope. If leaves one to wonder ...

Bishop likes this.