Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Oh, joy.

The adaptive brightness nonsense is back. whyyyyyyy

/sighs

/digs up past posts

Edit: disabled the ambient light sensor in Device Manager and that killed it. :confused: We'll see how long it lasts before I have to go nuclear and do the registry change again.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
    thatcomicsguy likes this.
  2. okieiam

okieiam Scribbler - Standard Member

Why do you have to install Ubuntu in such thing. From my experience, with mine very similar device, Ubuntu will not work with all accessories, and some time touchscreen and/or stylus driver stop working, so you have to hard power down in the middle of the work. Not worth to try

surfaceproartist likes this.
  3. Ilker Bishop

Ilker Bishop Pen Pal - Newbie

I am a computer engineer. I use linux a lot in my laptop. I thought that if there is a fully competible linux version for galaxy book, I should install it for my work needs. That is the reason I want linux . Unfortunately, there isn't any stable linux version. So no problem :)

okieiam likes this.
  4. Ilker Bishop

Ilker Bishop Pen Pal - Newbie

Marty likes this.
  5. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

Anybody having issues disabling the pens touch + hold for right click?? Seems like i can now only disable it by disabling the same for touch, but i just want to disable it for pen!

6. Maki81

Maki81 Pen Pal - Newbie

I think another benefit is having a consistent OS. As we've seen, Microsoft's penchant for giant updates hasn't done this device any favors, and since 10 offers no way of controlling these updates, there's always a risk that something will go horribly wrong. This X factor is the biggest gripe I have with mobile Windows. Linux respects the user picking-and-choosing the updates they want to deal with.

7. RichTJ99

RichTJ99 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

I am having a hard time searching this thread. How do either get into the bios to select a USB stick to boot from, or how can I select the boot menu (F12?) to choose a USB Stick?

I am using a USB-C Hub.

Thanks,
    Rich

8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Unless things has changed since I learned about USB - a distinct possibility - BIOS only supports the USB ports on the device. Hubs will first be supported when the OS is loaded. So if you want to boot from a USB stick it has to be connected to a port on the computer.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
    thatcomicsguy and DRTigerlilly like this.
  9. AJ Williams

AJ Williams Pen Pal - Newbie

I am having an issue with my Galaxy Book. I have the tablet completely updated and I am having an issue with it not going into sleep mode. I currently have it set to when I close my lid, it shuts down and it is a temporary fix, but is anyone else experiencing this issue? If there is a fix, I cannot find one. Any assistance will help. I just purchased this PC, it is great, but I would really like to get this to go to sleep when I either press the power button or shut the keyboard over the screen. Neither works in sleep mode. Any help would be appreciated.

10. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I'm not sure I get what you mean: in normal conditions what does pressing the power button do?