Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. ikselans

ikselans Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, i just had a blue screen, and nothing worked to open my galaxy book only full format and i installed Windows 10 Pro, but the problem is with the drivers specially the WLAN, i downloaded all the drivers from the site but there is no application in WLAN folder to install, can anybody just upload this file and the will be updated when there is internet, thanks

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I just checked my folder of GB drivers and you're right, there doesn't seem to be a setup executable. Maybe try downloading the generic drivers instead?

3. ikselans

thanks for your fast reply, but what do you mean by generic drivers, can you please provide me with the direct link, thanks

4. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

WillAdams likes this.
  5. ikselans

Thanks alllllllot, i also didn't find the setup file, but in the site it was written how to install the driver and i wish to write it here also, thanks again

In order to manually update your driver, follow the steps below (the next steps):

1. Extract the .cab file to a folder of your choice

2. Go to Device Manager (right click on My Computer, choose Manage and then find Device Manager in the left panel), or right click on Start Menu for Windows 10 and select Device Manager

3. Right click on the hardware device you wish to update and choose Update Driver Software

4. Choose to select the location of the new driver manually and browse to the folder where you extracted the driver

5. If you already have the driver installed and want to update to a newer version got to "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

6. Click "Have Disk"

7. Browse to the folder where you extracted the driver and click Ok

6. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

for people who have a version with LTE, do you have software which indicates the strength of the signal, the details of the tower you connect to and if you can choose the tower ?
    Is the reception of LTE good, is the antenna good ? DO you have a better signal than on a cell phone ?

7. vagabond95

vagabond95 Pen Pal - Newbie

Today from device manager, firmware got update
    Me, ec, and bios. But i dont know What has changed

Also i say this to all owners.
    Install LatencyMon and verify that latency (while playing a song or a youtube video) is not high
    I found mine tooo high and caused to the wlna driver!
    See if you have the same problem or clicking audio randomly

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  8. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

how do you change the latency if it is too high

9. Vordyn

Vordyn Pen Pal - Newbie

OK one more question, alot of the reviews say the Galaxy book 12's frame is plastic ? while Samsung's original announcement said it was metal so a little confused on that point.

10. Mytabletacct

Mytabletacct Pen Pal - Newbie

What version did your firmware get updated to? Mine doesn't seem to have an update.