Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Cirrob

Cirrob Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd love to. How do you disable updating. Mine only let's me delay it temporarily

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,

I have the galaxy book 10'', 4gb of ram and 64gb of ssd, without LTE. I find that the ssd is slow, the cpu is quite good and the amount of ram is bearable. Also, the tablet can become hot.
    Windows 10 is slow, for instance if you enable the sound for the capslock key, the sound always is late by 2seconds.
    Windows 10 is not adapted to this tablet.

What are the tips to make windows snappier. Do you think that windows 8.1 pro would be faster ? If so, if how do I install it, because I see that there are 2 partitions for recovery and that my key for windows 10 is in the bios. I do not want to lose those if I choose to go back to windows 10....

For the battery, I find that I can watch 3--4 hours of HD videos, on brightness to 50% and wifi ON, before the tablet shuts off.
    I enabled the option by samsung to charge only up to 85% of the battery, because samsung claims that it improves the health of the battery.
    Do you confirm the claim by samsung ?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  3. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

can you give a link to this protector?

4. Bitech

Bitech Pen Pal - Newbie

Press your windows key and type in "services", then open the program called "Services" that has the gears icon.

[​IMG]

Go to the entry called "Windows Update" and double-click it. In the new dialog window press "Stop" to stop the service and set the Startup type to "Disabled", then press "Ok".

Keep in mind this trick will also disable your ability to update Windows Store Apps if you use those. I made some shortcuts to quickly enable the Windows Update service so I can update my apps, then quickly disable the service.

moonlight60 and thatcomicsguy like this.
  5. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Unej likes this.
  6. moonlight60

moonlight60 Pen Pal - Newbie

I had the same question about the "battery health" setting. Here's how I use it: when I'm at work, I have my GB plugged in all day, so I use the Battery Saver to keep it from charging further than 85%. When I get home, I use it off the charger and only plug it in when I need to, with battery saver off and charging to 100% each time. I keep an eye one it take it off the charger when it's full. If I put it on overnight, I usually flip the battery saver on again. Some people say it shortens the battery lifetime if you let it trickle at 100% charge. I don't know if it's true, I never worried about it with any other devices.

WillAdams likes this.
  7. Hellybob

Hellybob Pen Pal - Newbie

I do the same really but I was wondering if it is okay for the battery. More the plugged in all day with battery Saver on.

8. Unej

Unej Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the GB 10;; since july and I mostly used this option of charging up to 85%.

This is a picture from last week. I lost 1000mWh.
    [​IMG]

Can you use this batteryinfoview and tell me
    -since when you use the GB
    -how much is the field ''fully charged capacity''
    -if you use the 85% option

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/batteryinfoview.zip

9. vagabond95

vagabond95 Pen Pal - Newbie

Guys. Do you know which pen from WACOM, will work with this tablet?
    With wacom drivers and all things?

10. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

So i don't know what changed, but tilt now works in clip studio paint!

I've been in contact with their support and they had me run through all the steps of making sure im up to date and properly configured. As it turns out, the tablet pc driver (not wintab) supports tilt! I've been playing with and making new brushes to take advantage of the shading capabilities. So far, i can say that tilt detection definitely requires some tilt curve manipulation, considering its impossible to hold the pen horizontal and write, just have to make a few adjustments.

Selofain and WillAdams like this.