Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Mytabletacct

Mytabletacct Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed this squeal when I got my Galaxy Book 10.6 as well. The pitch and sound changes with CPU usage. I was so concerned I had a faulty unit that I went out to a store to check the display units. They all seem to do the same and in a very quiet environment, it's quite noticeable.

2. vagabond95

vagabond95 Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you knoe how i can deselect the display option from the Gskaxy Book settings app?
    I mean i dont want neither Amoled, cinema, photo, or base. Just the stock one.
    Hiw could i delete that?

3. moonlight60

moonlight60 Pen Pal - Newbie

My GB 12" screen is a little brighter plugged in than on battery. I never noticed that before the update, has it always been that way, or has something changed with the Windows update? It's set to "cinema" just like always. Dimming is set for 10 minutes, just like always. But now, when I take it off charger, when fully charged, the screen will dim slightly.

4. moonlight60

moonlight60 Pen Pal - Newbie

Wait! Wait! I figured it out...my GB12" wants to charge at screen brightness of 36....not 35 and not 37, it has to be 36! If I change it to anything other, it will charge at 36 then revert to what I want the setting to be when I unplug. Weird.

5. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It's normal behaviour on a windows laptop I think: it remembers what's your last brightness setting when plugged in and when on battery and changes accordingly.

Kumabjorn likes this.
  6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I made some noises early on about buying a keyboard-less sku if possible, since I wouldn't need the keyboard.

The keyboard need remains mostly true, but the GB10 is so much more capable than my TPT2, I'm actually doing more with it. Including using it a bit at work. And that's when I discovered that hey, this keyboard's pretty nifty after all!

When folding the keyboard back (so it sits face down on the table), the keyboard is somehow disabled. I haven't figured out how. And the angles are pretty good for what I'm doing (some studying). And the one position that props one edge at roughly one inch makes a pretty good, sturdy angle to write on.

So I'm going to go on record and say that hey, this keyboard's pretty nifty after all and I'm glad I have it. Though I'd probably be less impressed if the GB10 had a kickstand. But the keyboard serves multiple purposes fairly effectively and that is a great way to sneak into my heart.

WillAdams and Azzart like this.
  7. PeteSox

PeteSox Pen Pal - Newbie

I absolutely LOVE my Samsung Galaxy Book 12". Its super portable and has the muscle to do everything I need. My question is this. Has anyone successfully connected a monitor to this and run dual screens? I tried but it only wanted to mirror.

WillAdams likes this.
  8. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

I just found out today that the magnets on the back of this tablet can stick to metal surfaces well enough to hold... meaning i've finally got that smart fridge i never knew i wanted :D

Special shoutout to @Selofain, i took the advice and tried out the photodon screen protector. Had to cut it out to from a bigger samsung galaxy tablet to match the size, but now that i have it on, its a very good thing to have. The very closest to clear option is good enough to diffuse ceiling lights but doesnt interfere with screen brightness. Also gives the pen a bit of "tooth", i switched to the hard nib and this is golden! The feed back you get from a not so smooth surface is immeasurable, it just feels different, not to mention the audible sound of dragging across the surface of it, these two feedbacks are much better than the smoothness that comes out to box for me.

I also played around and made a simple script to toggle the touchscreen on and off. I actually find the screen too sensitive, and when drawing in CSP, it pans the canvas too often. If any one is interested i'd be happy to share. I actually had to convert the script to an .exe so that radial menu can load it, but totally worth it, i now have it assigned to my volume down hard button.

Overall, i'm very happy i checked this forum for a surface pro alternative. I'm very surprised that samsung didnt market the hell out of this thing, its to me, the best windows tablet on the market for artist. Nice and portable with wacom technology. Now if only CSP could bring tilt support i'd be in heaven!
    You should just be able to press windowskey+P to change mode. Does that work? I've been using the microsoft wireless display adapter dongle, and it's been practically flawless with this machine

Selofain, WillAdams, Marty and 2 others like this.
  9. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I regularly use two external displays, no problems at all.
    Just the usual things to do: right click on the desktop and choosing what to do with the monitors.

WillAdams likes this.
  10. vagabond95

vagabond95 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone knows, why with TabletPro shortcuts Touch keys, i have this problem.
    When my hands lay down the screen and touch it and i draw, and i would like to press a button like undo on the TabletPro toolbar, i cant. But if i raise up my hand from the screen, now i can.
    Why i cannot do Multitouch with my hand lay down to the screen??