Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I love night light: I prefer a warmer white point so I have it set to work lightly on the phone, ipad pro and galaxy book. :D

That Intel power saving though was annoying as hell! So I got rid of it both on the Surface Book and Surface Pro installing the official Intel video drivers instead of those coming from Microsoft.

2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

It's definitely awesome! One less program for me to remember to install. I was using f.lux previously.

Hm, I'll give that a whirl when I do the clean install. Which won't be any time soon, given my schedule (and general laziness) lately.

3. HowdyDoody

HowdyDoody Pen Pal - Newbie

Ehrmaagahd... uuuuhhhggg

Wanted to post this right away as to avoid anyone else wasting a ton of time..

Figured out that if you wish to enable right click using the barrel button on the S Pen all you need to do is install WinTab drivers
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49498

Install and set the Pen Button option to "do nothing" in the Book Settings app and presto! Did no one else notice this?!

It's hold and tap to right click (which I prefer) but if you want hover right click I think you will still need RadialMenu to do the job. All you need to do in that case is download radial menu (which is cool anyway) and set up remapping in the menu. Which button you remap depends on if you have wintab driver installed or not:

No wintap - Remap Pen button 3 to right click
    With wintap - Remap Pen button 1 to right click

Warning though that Radial Menu is pretty unstable and the hover right click functionality will only work in certain apps...

Finally this computer is working as it should

Gonna put a bunch of extra words down here so google searches can find this:
    Barrel Button, Body Button, S Pen, Right-Click, Right Click, Customize S Pen Button, Button, S-Pen, Samsung Galaxy Book 12 Right Click S-Pen Barrel Button Pen Button

thatcomicsguy and WillAdams like this.
  4. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

Guys,

Any recommendation for GB12 to install? Goodies, tweaks etc?
    I don't even have the radial menu. How to activate/install it?

5. Nest

Nest Pen Pal - Newbie

Touchme Gesture Studio

AriWS likes this.
  6. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

AriWS and jvloyola like this.
  7. Cirrob

Cirrob Pen Pal - Newbie

I am looking for a docking station that has 2 additional usb c ports and charging pass through. I have two older monitors with display port to usb c cables. Right now I use them on my tablets battery but would like a permanent set up for my home office that I can just plug in and have it all set up. Any recommendations

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

8. Hellybob

Hellybob Pen Pal - Newbie

I got a USB hub that had pass through, 3 ports and HDMI. The GB12 losses charge and so if someone gets a good solution it would be good to hear it. Today I have just got the Ravpower Super C 26800mAh power pack with PD which seems to cope well with it, so far!

9. ammarr

ammarr Pen Pal - Newbie

I was able to get touchscreen and wacom working properly in Ubuntu 17.04.

In xinput list, I can see a WACOM pointer device and something called 'STMD1234' which is the touch screen. Running something like:

xinput set-prop "STMD1234:00 06CB:1058" "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1

fixes the inversion. The same matrix works for the wacom as well which was inverted too.

Wifi didn't work out of the box, but it works fine after applying this fix: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-firmware/+bug/1520343/comments/22

The only dealbreaker left at this point is sound. I have output devices showing, but there is no sound output from speakers or headphones. Did you have sound working out of the box?

Nest and thatcomicsguy like this.
  10. vagabond95

vagabond95 Pen Pal - Newbie

bought today a CC2.
    Im feeling very disappointed... Dont bother me. Pen accuracy and Build Quality its at some point.. very good!! But
    Battery life, fan noise, screen texture, no portability.. Idk guys!
    I would like to have a Drawing device (ofc with wacom experience) and a portable pc built in togheter..
    I dont like the screen.. Blacks are washed out!
    What could i do guys? What do you srsly think about wacom vs gb12 difference in terms of pen pressure and experience? Its the same overall?