Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. yeah_mike

yeah_mike Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone notice battery drain while in standby on the GB12?

It used to be pretty good, only losing about 2-3% over 8 hours of standby. Recently I've noticed it losing about 1% per hour while in standby. Not sure when it started happening; possibly after the recent firmware updates.

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, I've seen the same sort of thing, and suspect it's related to the excessive heat and the constant running of the fan I've been seeing.

3. yeah_mike

yeah_mike Pen Pal - Newbie

I ran a sleep study ("powercfg /sleepstudy"). Looks like it's caused by a driver problem. Way to f*** it up, Samsung/Microsoft. Connected Standby worked fine when the tablet was first released, but with recent forced Windows Updates it no longer works as intended. I'm going to try rolling back the updates to see if it fixes it...

samsung-is-stupid.png

4. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

Can you guys charge your GB12 with a power bank?

5. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

If you search this thread you should find Azzart's posts about the Anker power brick he's using. He also mentions it towards the end of his recent GB12 review on Ytube, posted a page or so back.

manuelcalavera likes this.
  6. manuelcalavera

manuelcalavera Scribbler - Standard Member

@Azzart

I saw that you've tested an Anker power bank. Do you think GB12 is chargeable via standard power banks like Energizer, Xiaomi, etc?

7. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Nope, I tested it with the other Anker power bank I have and it only gave a trifle of energy not sufficent to charge it.
    The power bank needs to be able to output at least 25W, which means it needs to have a usb-c output source.

Edit: the battery basically needs to have usb-c PD output to charge it normally, as far as I can tell only the Anker I have and another one in the same size have it.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    manuelcalavera and Nest like this.
  8. Maki81

Maki81 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thought I'd pass this along - I saw on Deals of America that Buydig is offering a killer deal on the 10.6" 128 GB version, and they'll throw in the Staedtler pen, for $459. Use coupon code c1178125891. You will see the price only on the checkout confirmation screen. I tried this yesterday and can confirm this works.

Unfortunately, it's been in and out of stock, but it's something you might keep an eye on if you are in the market for this device.

darkmagistric and WillAdams like this.
  9. anergos13

anergos13 Pen Pal - Newbie

Due some problems (bugs) with the insider build (GB 10) I 've made clean install for Windows 10 (I couldn't reset or recover ) .
    Now in the windows settings ...book settings is missing...
    with samsung update I couldn't find a solution...
    Is there a way to recover it?

10. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

WillAdams likes this.