Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

Didn't you watch Azzart's Galaxy Book tech pr0n yt video, complete with a gratuitous pussy shot?

Azzart likes this.
  2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

That AHK script works a treat! It's smoother than Radial Menu and works regardless of what the pen button is set to in Book Settings. Of course, who wants that much happening every time you press the pen button (right click and Windows Ink?).

I kept thinking Auto Hotkey should have been able to remap the pen button. It's nice to know my instinct was right. :)

It does make the eraser end on older EMR pens, well, not unusable per se. The right click menu shows up as soon as the eraser end is detected, but not when the eraser is over a canvas, about to erase. In Onenote and CSP, anyway. It erases where's it's expected to erase and the right click menu shows up everywhere else.

The script could probably be modified to do both pen buttons and also probably whatever keystroke you want. I think someone on this forum already did something similar, so it's definitely possible.

Look at that. We're almost there to fully customizing the pen button all on our own.

Shizaru, Nest, fotd and 1 other person like this.
  3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

I’m more scared of the Banhammer than the political correctness. :D

Kumabjorn likes this.
  4. Jawad

Jawad Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the video. I just made a video on the s-pen inaccuracy.
    Please let me know what you think.

5. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

Anyone else getting the fan running when the machine goes to sleep?

6. Azzart

I'm not sure I get it.
    I mean, if it's a video to show the drifting of the cursor near the edges well, that's perfectly normal with emr. Actually it's much better now than how it was no more than 2-3 years ago.
    In which case, why bother? I certainly don't draw near the edge and pressing interface buttons is just a matter of looking at the cursor...

If it wants to show something else, as I said I'm not sure I get it. Sorry! :confused:

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  7. Azzart

Only sometimes, usually when it's connected to the dock and doesn't go to sleep as intended.
    Or if you mean the fan stays on for a few seconds after closing the lid/pushing power button, in that case it's normal and it happens almost every time.

8. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member

I mean pressing the power button and putting it to sleep, then closing the case, and having the machine running at full tilt, the fan full blast, and the machine getting and staying hot. Started happening after the just-applied firmware update.

9. Azzart

@WillAdams uhm nope, in that case I have yet to see anything different since the bios update.

10. moonlight60

moonlight60 Pen Pal - Newbie

sometimes the fan stays on for a few minutes after I close the lid and put it to sleep, but it goes off after it cools down.