Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Yup. Definitely not there. But I swear I remember changing that setting, so it used to be there. And now it's not.

¯\_(?)_/¯

Nest likes this.
  2. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

folks-- I would appreciate fi anyone finds out a USB-C hub/adapter that has pass-through charging works with GB10.6...

3. Nest

Nest Pen Pal - Newbie

The Samsung usb adapter is in the mail - will update when it arrives.

4. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

That's ok - you get 6.3" and DEX on your Galaxy Note 8 anyway

5. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

My next tablet will be LTE.

Bishop likes this.
  6. WolfHauser

WolfHauser Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone tried remapping an old Wacom pen with two side switches to right and middle click? Do you have hover click at all? Just wondering how close you can get it to the traditional Wacom experience! The Lenovo ThinkPad I have comes really close - hover click and fully programmable buttons but I really don't like the aes tech compared to the s pen and EMR stuff. Thanks in advance!

7. Nest

Nest Pen Pal - Newbie

The Samsung USB hub definitely works for the GB10 (have tested passthrough charging, HDMI and the USB-A with a wired mouse). Interestingly, the passthrough charging only seems to work with the Samsung charger that came in the box. When I bought the GB10, Samsung also sent another charger as a promotion and it works for normal and quick charging but it does not seem to work with this Samsung hub. Overall, aside from the $50 price tag, I am happy with the purchase. The link to the product is below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DN09RYI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

8. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I successfully mapped middle mouse to my top side button on my Axiotron Studio pen, but the bottom side button wouldn't take it for some reason. Right click maps successfully on both buttons. And both are hover click.

This is using Radial Menu to remap the buttons.

I also tested Open Location for fun, and while it worked on the top button, one press would freak out and open the folder several times.

My conclusion is that if you need more than one button to right click, it's not going to be fantastic. Also, old EMR pens need to press significantly harder to make a mark than on older EMR machines. I'm crossing my fingers that this is a software problem, as the Notebook 9 Pro reportedly does not have this issue.

WolfHauser likes this.
  9. Doombadger

Doombadger Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi guys. First post here. Just wanted to let folks know that Windows Update installed new Samsung firmware to my UK Galaxy Book 10.6 LTE. Flashed a new BIOS.

Bronsky, lonaysta and Nest like this.
  10. WolfHauser

WolfHauser Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot for the info Selofain. I wonder if they will release the feel it driver... I still don't get why manufacturers don't implement such basic control into their styli. I'd rather be able to navigate the OS and use programs as intended rather than call up one note.

That's what eventually made me ditch surface pro, lack of hover click, wobbly lines and only one side button that couldn't be configured (maybe that's changed now) without hacking it and getting pretty inconsistent results. Love how the s-pen feels, as soon as you can configure the buttons im in!