Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. shinkamui

shinkamui Pen Pal - Newbie

In most art apps, the pen button toggles the erase mode. Try holding the pen and scribbling over lines you've already drawn. I think sketchable is definitely one such app. I think freshpaint and paint 3d also operate in this manner.

Also, double check your samsung book settings app and make sure pen button isn't set to do nothing. ;)

Nest likes this.
  2. anergos13

anergos13 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your help ..now I download Windows update and I can't do nothing ...I will check it in a few minutes ...and I will respond

3. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I am using Lightroom on a nSP i5 and it runs fine. I was coming from an i5 Mac Mini, so the nSP is newer and faster. I run it docked with a 4K 27" display, and also on the nSP alone. I would expect similar results on GB.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. Nest

Nest Pen Pal - Newbie

No problem - hope it helps.

5. anergos13

anergos13 Pen Pal - Newbie

after the update the problem solved ..now it works just fine .....thanks again!!!!

shinkamui likes this.
  6. shinkamui

shinkamui Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your feedback Azzart, Im very dissapointed to hear I can't use one of the cintiq style pens. Do you have another recommendation on a 2 button with eraser pen that is compatible? Im not die hard on the tilt functionality (never used it on wacom before this outside of the note 4), but my recent experience with my ipad pro has me wanting that but in windows. Im going to give radialmenu a try again, is there any reason you avoided the last release?

7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@shinkamui The problem with two-button pens is that the second button doesn't have any function on the new Samsung devices and can't be programmed (I haven't tested whether RadialMenu does anything). The single button and the eraser tip perform the same function.

If you can find them, the Wacom UP-911E, Axiotron Studio Pen or Motion Computing L-Series pen all are sculpted like Cintiq or Intuos pens.

8. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

It didn't work particularly well with the cintiq companion.
    Plus I already have a radial menu file that I'm not sure it's compatible with the latest release and I'm just too lazy to rebuild my menu again from scratch! :D

For the pen, you might have better lack asking @surfaceproartist.
    I tried my old emr pen from the portege m400: it has a single button on the barrel and the eraser end. the eraser worked but it was unreliable.
    I wonder if the pen of the non pro intuos pen and touch tablet works on this...

9. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

False. I just checked my network card using HWinfo, and it says the card is an ac wifi card. I tried googling the wifi card model and didn't come up with much, so that's good enough for me.

Why would anyone put N wifi cards in any device, no matter how cheap? AC is old enough that it should be standard. Does anyone even make N only wifi cards anymore?

yeah_mike likes this.
  10. Nest

Nest Pen Pal - Newbie

Very sorry - I was wrong. This is pertaining to what's being transmitted by my router and not the wifi card. My apologies. Deleting old messages to prevent confusion.