Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. shinkamui

shinkamui Pen Pal - Newbie

I'd like to ask some of you harder core wacom guys, especially you @surfaceproartist , as I know you can answer this:

My gbook12 pen is decent, and I like it, but I want more buttons and the rear eraser. I'm debating buying one of the cintiq pens, as I like the button layout + eraser. Which version do I need to buy to ensure Im able to continue using tilt (if the pen generation matters) and are there any issues or concerns with using said pen with the gbook? Tracking offset, parallax issues when drawing tilted, general annoyances, etc.

Additionally, has anyone heard any news about the feel drivers? I've still not heard back from samsung or wacom myself. What about the touchpad/keyboard sleep issue? Im still affected by this, and in fact, my touchpad is no longer functional as a precision touchpad with gestures...

On a side note, I've seen chatter about radialmenu being rather functional on the gbook. Im considering reinstalling it, though I had lots of issues with it and the SP3 which pushed me to justice's TabletPC pro, which I dont like. Can anyone who's using radialmenu give me the skinny on a few points? Is multitouch working for art dock functionality? Hows the crash situation? Any observations worth noting?

2. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Sorry, I know it’s cross posting, but since I did this on the Galaxy Book 12 I thought it was correct to post this here too...

I just made this 10 minutes video where I talk about the S-pen and (mainly) the Staedtler Noris on the Galaxy Book 12 with Clip Studio. Plus some other tips.
    As usual I apologize to all English speakers out there for brutalizing your language this way: that’s what comes when you try to do a video with no previous script and no time for editing it.
    And it’s 2:00am. :rolleyes:

I’m fairly certain I forgot to talk about several things en course. -.-

An addendum: today I tried Photoshop CC2017.
    It works fine generally, even if it seems to me less performing than Clip Studio.
    Tilt doesn’t work at all.
    Pressure sensitivity is rather off instead: it just ignores completely the lower part of the curve. I had to use Lazy Nezumy to modify the pressure curve and be able to do lightweight strokes.
    I hope Samsung translates its update to the Book Settings app as soon as possible, because the pressure curve of the pen is definitely off out of the box and being unable to customize it at all could be a problem for some.

3. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

You can’t use the Cintiq/Intuos pen on this machine, it won’t work.

As far as I can tell, it works fairly well. I did set it to load on startup and it never crashed once yet, unless I’m doing something exactly when it’s loading.
    I was also able to use a touch and hold button provided I activated the button before putting down the pen.
    I have to see which version I’m using since I’m certain it’s not the last one.

4. anergos13

anergos13 Pen Pal - Newbie

and finally the GB10 arrived...

but sos sos!!!

I have one problem ....air command doesn't open by pressing s pen...

is there a solution?

Thanks

5. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Don't you need to hold the button pressed while tapping or double tapping the screen? That is how it is done on their Android devices.

6. anergos13

If you see here...at 0:52 that's the way to open the air command...

in my s pen I can't do it...

and I dont know why?????

7. shinkamui

shinkamui Pen Pal - Newbie

I might have tweaked mine with teh book settings, but Air command should activate when you hover the pen over the screen and see the cursor, then press and release the button in this range. You can change the settings in the book settings option to windows ink, and then tell windows ink to launch air command. i've surprisingly found that to be more reliable. Still looking for a way to decouple smart select from air command, thats the only functionality from AC i even want. Hope this is helpful.

Nest likes this.
  8. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Does the pen button work in other applications? If not you may have a faulty pen.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

9. anergos13

what can I do in other applications by press pen button?

to make a test

10. Kritter

Kritter Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello everyone. How does the GB10.6 128GB compare to a SP4 M3 128GB purely on a hardware perspective? Would it be a downgrade as I've seen in the first posts that it doesn't have an SSD but a emmc instead? I would love the kickstand feature of the SP4 and Winhello but as an avid notetaker I just cannot stand the pen tech of the SP4 that I'd be willing to not have that feature especially since I write flat on my tablet. I have a separate venue pro 8 with wacom AES and I feel that it has a more natural feel and it registers quick cursive strokes a lot better than the SP pen and stays truer to my paper handwriting. How close or better is wacom EMR to AES?