Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Sadly, the updates are country dependant: the Book Options app comes from the Windows Store and me being in Italy who knows when I’ll get the update that allows to change the pen sensibility...

2. Shizaru

Shizaru Scribbler - Standard Member

12*2.1=25.2 Watts ... so you should be good to go imho.

One thing you might want to lookout for is how the power plan behaves using the battery over USB C, because it may well treat that as if it were connected to a mains charger?

Looking forward to hearing if it works out okay for you.

WillAdams and Azzart like this.
  3. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Seems you have to disable connected standby for this setting right?

4. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm thinking of getting this tablet, but I want to know about on performance. I haven't seen any reviews on it soecifically yet.

How is the pen? Is there any parallax when tilting? Does it pass the slow diagnol line test? Has anyone compared to the surface pen?

If I can get any signs that this device has a better than surface pen experience I'm ready to jump the gun and make a purchase.

Thanks in advance

5. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You could not find a better pen on windows tablet.

lonaysta, Nest, Azzart and 1 other person like this.
  6. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

Aside the Wacom Mobile Studio.

I would daresay it's better than the Cintiq Companion too.

No parallax, no jitter no problems.
    The only real drawbacks are you need a sort of hack to use the pen button as a right click, and the pressure sensitivity isn't perfect out of the box: I find it a bit hard to get the faintest level of lines. I'm waiting for Samsung own Book Settings app to update to hopefully have more control on that.

My opinion may be a little biased since The disastrous experience I had with the latest Surface Pen, but to me they don't even play in the same league.

The Surface Pro i5 is a better computer overall.
    But it also costs more. :)

lonaysta, Nest, gobmonster and 2 others like this.
  7. HowdyDoody

HowdyDoody Pen Pal - Newbie

Azzart how do you interact with the other displays? I'm having trouble finding any way to use pen input on an external display. I do 80% of my work with intuos on standard monitor and the other 20% directly on screen drawing so would love to be able to seamlessly switch back and forth between the two...

8. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Oh... yeah, probably. I disabled it pretty early on because I was losing 15% battery over 20 hours of sleep, which I wasn't super happy with, and disabled CS to see if it was the culprit. I don't think it was, but I never re-enabled it. I completely forgot I did it, honestly.

lonaysta likes this.
  9. convergent

convergent Scribbler - Standard Member

I am going to probably have the differing opinion vs. most here, but I tried the GB and didn't like the pen. The big difference seems to be if you are an artist or not. My conclusion is the artists prefer the GB by far. But I am in IT consulting and I prefer the nSP pen. I didn't like the GB's lack of kickstand, the oragami keyboard cover, the fact that it looked like an iPad; but also the feel of writing with the pen I wasn't a fan. I'm quite pleased with the nSP and especially the pen.

gobmonster and surfaceproartist like this.
  10. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

What devices had you used prior?