Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Nest

Nest Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey everyone =) This is my first post but I've been following this great thread for about a month now (a few weeks before I purchased the Galaxy Book 10.6). I love this tablet which was exactly what I was looking for - an almost ipad-like device under 12 inches (wouldn't have minded it being 9.7, but still not bad) that could run a full OS without hiccups. So far it's worked exactly as described with my only concern being that the screen still feels a little dim at times even with the brightness at 100%. Battery is great btw at 50-75% brightness for office work.

But I'm posting this because I saw the question above about needing to restart to get functional wifi after hibernating. To get this to stop you have to go under power settings and turn off the setting that says to turn off wifi when hibernating to save energy. Away from the tablet atm so can't give you a direct quote, but will update this when I get home.

Also really interested in if you find a solution to get right clicking to work with the S-pen button.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    JoeS, Selofain and WillAdams like this.
  2. Nest

Nest Pen Pal - Newbie

3. Nest

Nest Pen Pal - Newbie

"Power & Sleep" -> "When my PC is asleep and on battery power, disconnect from the network: NEVER" (last prompt)

4. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Found the setting. Just changed it, so I hope that works out. My eyes skimmed right over it when going through settings, so no wonder I missed it. Still annoyed that it wasn't available through the traditional channels.

5. Azzart

Azzart Late night illustrator Senior Member

You could try installing RadialMenu and see if that can override the pen button to a right mouse input.
    Not the best option but on the Surface it worked.
    http://radialmenu.weebly.com/

6. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I've tried this before on my T901 and TPT2, and I've never been able to get pen mapping to work for me. I don't know if I'm just not setting it correctly or if it just doesn't work on Windows 10. It's worth another shot if I can't find another alternative though.

7. Sher The Love

Sher The Love Scribbler - Standard Member

Anybody have any luck changing the pen button to do right click?

Nest likes this.
  8. airoid469

airoid469 Pen Pal - Newbie

Bronsky, Nest and WillAdams like this.
  9. lonaysta

lonaysta Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey, I still have one piece of tempered glass screen protector for Galaxy Book 10.6 (pretty good cut IMO) and a Noris Digital. Anyone interested in taking over the pen & protector together for $20 shipped US continental?

WillAdams likes this.
  10. alaskajoel

alaskajoel Scribbler - Standard Member

Just picked one up for $375 from best buy. Crazy good deal if you have access to the student Coupon code.

Bronsky, Nest and Aman like this.