Samsung Galaxy Book discussion thread

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by JoeS, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

When I read on a tablet (OLED display) I tend to use a black background with white text, are you saying I could extend battery life by changing text color?

wspi likes this.
  2. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

That's good to hear. I haven't tried a Note 5 s-pen, but my Note 4 s-pen, despite not having spring loaded nibs (I pulled them out to check), still depresses about 1mm, and it drives me nuts. I get tails everywhere because it's still making contact when I lift the pen and make a new stroke.

I honestly wouldn't care that much about using older UD EMR pens if they would just make s-pens with TWO side buttons. But they're not customizable right now so I guess it's a moot point.

3. testdrive7

testdrive7 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey darkmagistric, if you still have Adobe Animate CC trial on your Galaxy Book - would it be possible, like surfaceproartist has suggested, to copy the Wintab32.dll to the System32 and SysWOW64 folders from your other PC that supports WinTab driver, to see if the "Use pressure" button is active in Animate CC and the pen pressure is working? Thanks.

4. MobileTechReview

MobileTechReview Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, that will extend runtimes. That's why some manufacturers ship their OLED laptops with predominantly black wallpapers (also helps to avoid burn in).

Kumabjorn likes this.
  5. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

Just a Dell desktop setup plus the GB12 now plus my phone. Like I said, I've got a GTA10.1 tablet, which I may have for a while yet, but it will probably be gone if the GB12 proves it can be as handy to take notes with.

Marty likes this.
  6. Telstar1948

Telstar1948 Scribbler - Standard Member

Nothing yet on the battery. I'll get a better read on that over the next few weeks.

7. MacrosTheBlack007

MacrosTheBlack007 Scribbler - Standard Member

The 10.6 is my favorite of the two. I'll probably end up throwing my Galaxy Book 12 LTE on eBay today or tomorrow. Both are awesome machines but I like the portability of the 10.6 more. Plus I can connect it to my iPega controller for some old school first person shooter action.

8. shinkamui

shinkamui Pen Pal - Newbie

Doesn't work. I tested on zbrush 4R7, manga studio 5 (wintab mode), PD Howler 11, 3d-Coat, and gimp. Wintab test utilities also show no pen detected. I also tried pulling drivers directly from the latest wacom feel driver pack. Even if we got pressure, without the driver and service, we're not getting any of the feel customization options, though I'd settle for just any pressure in my apps right now... Hopefully someone with more experience can work at it, or you guys will join me in emailing both samsung and wacom for support on this...

WillAdams likes this.
  9. testdrive7

testdrive7 Pen Pal - Newbie

shinkamui - thank you for trying, what a pity.

10. shinkamui

shinkamui Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea, I can tell you now, I shed a single tear after trying and failing. This tablet is almost everything i wanted in the surface pro 3. I finally get my oled 12" windows tablet with wacom emr, and there's no damn driver.