Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (2018)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Cuberdon75, Aug 10, 2018.

1. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm a fan of the surface line and have had just about every version which were passed down to my kids and wife as I'd upgrade every year. The last upgrade for me was the Surface Pro (2017) and I didn't see a compelling reason for the Surface Pro 6. The Book2 has exceeded my expectations and MS still can't seem to get the drivers right with the Surface. I find my Surface Pro getting hot when the cover is closed and it is just connected to the dock, wifi connection problems, etc. which is frustrating.

Samsung has done a better job with the Book2, and unless the Surface WoA adds some serious wow factor, I'm planning on getting the Book3. I think WoA is a real winner.

WillAdams likes this.
  2. Exodusru

Exodusru Pen Pal - Newbie

And now on 18980. The leaked edge on chromium for arm 64 works with current builds unstable I hope Microsoft will launch public beta soon

3. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Has anyone tried using a USB-C port on the Book2 to connect to a projector? My projector states that video over USB-C is supported, but just connecting he Book2 to the projector doesn't make the projector show up in Windows.

Looking online, the question may be "Does the Book2 support DisplayPort Alternate Mode on USB Type-C. I think the answer should be yes, because way back when I was able to connect it to the ole Microsoft Display Dock, but for some reason my projector is not responding. If anyone has any tips I'd appreciated it.

4. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

So I'm just gonna go ahead and ping our resident Samsung expert, @desertlap: ;)

Is it now confirmed that the "Book3" we saw in the leaked roadmap from Notebook Italia was just a codename for the Book S?

[​IMG]

I mean "19.Q3" ends today, and there doesn't seem to any sign from Samsung of an impending or pushed back release of a new Galaxy Book...unless...your perceptive ears may have heard something down the grapevine. (pretty please) :)

5. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

@Marty I hadn't seen this chart until now , but it does looks like something Samsung would author. Specific to a Book 3. We've heard conflicting information.

When the 8CX was revealed we had multiple people tell us it was "obvious for a book 2 replacement" I think most just assumed a Book 3 but that could just as easily meant the Book S. Especially when you consider how much of a shift there was between the original book and the book 2

Additionally we did hear mid year about a book 2 update coming around CES 2020. Add to that , talk about there being an 855 + variant specific for WOA on the way and……. your guess is as good as mine.:confused:

PS: I also notice the Tab S6 is missing as well though that could be that originally they were just going to call it the Tab S5 originally.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    Marty likes this.
  6. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks for the update, @desertlap! Guess I'll need to wait until 2020 for more signs of life...ugh, this wait is excruciating.

And, if some guy at Samsung actually thought the Book S was a suitable replacement for the Galaxy Book 1/2, he needs to get smacked upside the head! (We will count on you to administer the re-education. :))

WillAdams likes this.