Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (2018)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Cuberdon75, Aug 10, 2018.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Any news on this that you're allowed to share? The official 1903 release was three weeks ago, but it's not yet showing on my Book2. Did anyone else receive it?

Completely unrelated, did you ever try to find out whether the keyboard hardware in principle supports being disabled when folded back? I imagine some kind of (magnetic?) proximity sensor would be needed to detect the angle, so if that's not present we're SOL.

2. JoeS

Unrelated to 1903, I've been noticing that my Book2 is pretty slow to connect to a known Wifi network. As in 30 seconds between seeing the SSID and actually being connected to the internet. It spends a long time in the "connected, no internet" state. Is anybody else seeing this?

3. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry for the delay in responding as I missed this.

For the GB2 it's not possible for exactly the reason you thought. The Samsung rep thought it was a good idea for the GB3...

JoeS likes this.
  4. desertlap

Our lab Samsung machine is actually quick on connecting. We did see this on our WOS Lenovo after the 1809 update. Solution was to delete the wifi in device manager , reboot and then windows found it and re-installed the drivers.

JoeS likes this.
  5. JoeS

Thanks for the response. So they truly forgot to include some kind of keyboard orientation sensor?! Good lord.. That's a huge drawback in daily use, I find myself tearing off the keyboard way more frequently than I want. Oh well, can't win them all I guess!

6. desertlap

Yeah that's my biggest complaint too. I'm constantly taking the keyboard off to use it as a tablet and then leaving the keyboard behind. My customers find it hilarious when I come back to retrieve it :)

JoeS likes this.
  7. JoeS

Turns out simply installing Edge from https://www.microsoftedgeinsider.com/en-us/ now allows you to install on WOA systems. At least it did for me just now, posting this from Edge Chromium on my ARM Galaxy Book2. It's the 32bit version, so now I'm wondering if this install will auto update to the 64bit version once that's built/supported for WOA.

In other good news, Cisco AnyConnect is now also compatible with WOA devices. Just tested it, works fine. Setup is a little counterintuitive, you install the UWP app, and the app says "set this up in Windows settings". Once there, you need to select AnyConnect as the VPN provider. It's not pretty, but it works.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    desertlap and WillAdams like this.
  8. JoeS

Any sign yet of 1903 for the Book2? Haven’t been able to check for a while, just curious if this is finally beginning to show up. By now the x86 guys have had it for over two months already.

9. desertlap

I haven't been paying close attention due to more pressing work issues, but I'll ask our rep again and see if she has an update. If so I'll post back here.

JoeS likes this.
  10. desertlap

Just saw this sorry, any hit to speed with Anyconnect? It's been bullet proof as far as reliability ,but performance seems to suffer a bit (at least in X86 devices)