Samsung Galaxy Book 2 (2018)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Cuberdon75, Aug 10, 2018.

1. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Exactly, when I have the unit with the KB down (see sketch below, this is TPCR after all..) the keys are still active. Is that the same on your unit?

upload_2019-1-9_10-8-8.png

2. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Got it! and yes annoyingly so. I end up just disconnecting the keyboard which has the unfortunate side effect that I inevitably go somewhere with just the tablet and then have need for the keyboard when it's back on my desk:mad:

PS: The developer notes which is not the general release notes that go out to the public list at least 35 different fixes that are ARM specific.

JoeS likes this.
  3. desertlap

BTW: you might want to email Samsung about that specific issue. They are much more responsive to customer feedback than most companies at least in the windows side. I sent them a request as well for something like a "disable keyboard when reversed" option setting.

JoeS likes this.
  4. JoeS

Thanks, I was about to post on their community forum, but I can't register or log in no matter what I try (Edge, chrome, incognito, etc). I'll see if I can send an email.

5. desertlap

Just a heads up for those tempted to try the Alpha Builds of FireFox/ARM. Make sure that you backup prior each install of it.
    The last Friday build pretty much killed Edge and Outlook being able do anything. Only option was to reset/reload the machine.
    In FireFox defense , they are calling it Alpha at this point and this isn't the first time I've had Alpha software brick a machine:(

JoeS likes this.
  6. JoeS

Thanks for the heads-up. That's pretty severe, alpha software affecting other software packages! Glad I didn't get too adventurous yet..

7. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

On my Go I reverse the keyboard before folding it back. That way, you don't contact the keys when you use the tablet and the KB is always with you.

Don't know if you can do this on the GB12.

8. JoeS

Amazingly, you can't! It seems like the keyboard magnets on the left and right have opposite polarity, so when reversed the keyboard repels the tablet. d'Oh!

Bronsky likes this.
  9. JoeS

@johnnobts TBH I prefer not to install anything I won't be using, mostly because uninstalling often leaves traces of the software, and partly because there may be unintended consequences. Most likely everything would go just fine, but I'd rather not take the risk. Maybe another member can help? Alternatively, maybe just ask shadow.tech support whether ARM is supported.

Bronsky, WillAdams and thatcomicsguy like this.
  10. Mytabletacct

Mytabletacct Pen Pal - Newbie

Samsung bezel-less tablet video accidentally leaked and removed by Samsung. See picture and link

[​IMG]

WillAdams likes this.