Samsung Galaxy Book 12 (2018)

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Cuberdon75, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Cuberdon75

Cuberdon75 Pen Pal - Newbie

2. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I just want to see Samsung work out a reasonable accommodation of using the stylus as a stylus to select text and interact w/ interface elements and legacy applications.

Is it so much to ask that I be able to directly select text, select a drop-down menu in certain QT apps, and draw in Macromedia Freehand?

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Sure has sharp corners and angles - looks like bezels are the same as well - and by the looks of those rulers its even thinner - so much for the S-Pen hopes -

oh well...another option bites the dust...

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    soh5 and Bronsky like this.
  4. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Fairly uninspired update so far. I'll be interested to see what they do with the 10.6".

5. dstrauss

Why can't they realize that a siloed S-Pen would slay the tablet market, and give them $50 upcharge for bigger pens to boot. They put the pen in a silo on the Tab A 10.1; they have ALWAYS had one in the Note line where space is at a PREMIUM - come on Kho - get your head out of the netherworld and OWN THE MARKET!

6. Marty

Marty Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Must be getting pretty dusty at your place... :p

So what siloed EMR models are you looking at? Notebook 9 Pro? Or maybe your search for will even take you into Chromebook land this time?

Bishop and Azzart like this.
  7. dstrauss

Windows 10 or bust - but it HAS TO BE A TABLET. Maybe Samsung will come to its senses with WOA and give us a true siloed pen tablet...

8. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

wait a minute, I just saw your signature @dstrauss what happened to the SGB?

9. dstrauss

I still have it. Long story short - I have to have integrated LTE for our office VPN, so I am trying a nSP LTE, and hoping Microsoft and Samsung spill the beans on their 2018 devices before the return period ends - if not, I'll be using this going forward.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  10. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, I'll be very interested to see what Samsung does going forward, as I've beaten the hell out of the Cube (Book i7) tablet I've got and probably will be looking to upgrade at the end of the year.

I honestly would prefer a new 10" Galaxy Book, but I tend to doubt that they'll be making an x86 one (just a hunch, but who knows). Don't want to switch over to a new pen technology though, as one of the huge benefits I enjoy with the Note 8 is being able to use the pen from that on my tablet in a pinch. So that leaves my options very limited.

My needs are Wacom EMR, 1xUSB-C, x86, detachable keyboard. My preferences are at least 2xUSB-C (or even better Thunderbolt3), 10(ish) inches, and kickstand. A 2018 Book 12 might fit my needs even if it doesn't meet all my wants. But we'll see.

Tams likes this.