Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhatNext

WhatNext Pen Pal - Newbie

Very nice. ..Thanks for sharing the video. .never knew it existed. . I thought my Sony Vaio VGN-U8G was the first. .mind you it is (still have it with all accessories) a palm size full blown PC, winXp with 20 GB HD bought it back in 2003.

2. Beltz5

Beltz5 Pen Pal - Newbie

Anyone know if we can put our own ssd in either the Ativ Q or the Duo 13?

3. pcworldlove

pcworldlove Pen Pal - Newbie

Where did you buy to get the 10% discount? my friend wants to get one too ( I paid $1910 for it with one day shipping at amazon ) Thanks,

4. MikeOx

MikeOx Scribbler - Standard Member

If it's an external on ye, but not so sure about the built in SSD, seems like most of the parts won't be user friendly when it comes to replacement/repair.

5. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

pcworldlove, for the third time, please take your Duo13 discussion to the Sony threads.

The subject of this thread is: Samsung ATIV Q. The purpose of a subject is to define the topic for discussion; in this case, that topic is the ATIV Q. Staying on topic is a standard convention among internet forums. On topic discussions benefit all forum users by preventing extraneous posts and allowing quicker access to information.

Duo13 pricing/reviews/comments/photos/etc are irrelevant and a nuisance to those interested in the topic. Also, I, and likely others, are tired of receiving email updates about the Duo13 experience..

Again, please stop, else I will be begin flagging Duo13 posts for moderation. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  6. LizMae85

LizMae85 Pen Pal - Newbie

So comparing what was to be the ATIV Q to the only other Haswell tablet comparable to it is not relevant? I bet hundreds of people were waiting for the ATIV Q to come out on this forum just like me. As of now the Q is no longer a product on offer. There is nothing else to talk about. I bet there will be no official news from Samsung about the Q for months. If it was to be released within the next 2-3 months they would never have pulled all the marketing material.

So for those who waited for sometime for a product that is for the time being is not to be, I think it is reasonable for them to want to know about alternatives as well as how the now canceled ATIV Q compares to what else is out there.

Why are you yelling at pcworldlove for wanting to know how to get a discount on the Duo 13? That's far more useful than not talking about the no information that will be available for the ATIV Q for quite some time to come. I too would like to know how to get a discount and if there's anything else I should compare before I buy a Duo 13.

You seem to think that only discussions 100% pertinent to the ATIV Q -- and nothing else -- to be valid for this forum but I feel any discussion that compares it to what else is available to be reasonable and useful information. Should I start flagging your posts for harassing those who want to share information about alternatives to a product that has now been canceled? I find information about how the Q compares to other laptops you can buy to be very useful so I am more educated about what is out there.

7. tonyz3

tonyz3 Scribbler - Standard Member

Liz makes a great point. At least until sammy releases info on the Q it shouldn't matter. The duo is a good alternative to compare and discuss.

8. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

If you want a Duo13 vs ATIV Q comparison thread, then make one. If you want an ATIV Q Alternatives thread, make one.The context of the Duo13 discussions here have become Duo13-centric and devoid of ATIV Q relevance. It is unfortunate that you seem upset by the ATIV Q delay, but please stop posting Duo13 reviews, photo shoots and pricing discussions in this thread. Here is simply not the place for it.

The topic of discussion does matter. You and your colleagues are the making of pages of irrelevant banter which I, and others, must wade through in order to access the information we are interested in. Also, many of us subscribe to email updates for this thread and the Duo13-centered discussions are a nuisance/false-alarm. Please post Duo13 reviews, photo shoots and pricing discussions elsewhere. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  9. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

OK people let's keep this civil, while surface comparison between the Duo 13 and Q are Germaine but at this point purely speculative due to the fact we are no longer sure when or if the Q is shipping and what that final configuration will be.

If you want to discuss the Sony Duo in detail please move to the Sony forum as there is already a thread for the device and it is best to keep all of the knowledge and discussion in one place.

Thanks,

10. WhatNext

WhatNext Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks jnjroach.

Agree.

To find information (no matter how little) about an another product, I have to agree to go back to the Internet or other threads/forums.

It won't hurt to tell those who have been waiting for a high end machine like the Q about a new deal for an alternative, maybe even show feature comparison (with Ativ Q being the focus not the other way around), as an Ativ Q admirer I found this useful. But it should really end there, and those who would like to find more information would kindly go to the right source. Or use private message option (if there is one).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.