Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. girlgum

girlgum Pen Pal - Newbie

Pretty sure they were talking about the Sony Duo 13.

2. pcworldlove

pcworldlove Pen Pal - Newbie

Bought it from Amazon.com with prime one day shipping .Ordered yesterday got it today- and no tax-I love amazon;-) Got the carbon white core i7 8gb ram256gb ssd one but I noticed that the black color is $88 less, cheaper than the sony store. I was going to order a custom one at the sony store core i5 8gb ram 512 gb ssd which to me is a better value but they said it would take 2 weeks but I need it now for work.

3. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

ThatsJustHowISeeIt Scribbler - Standard Member

That's the exact same model I'm eying. I too prefer the white/silver model and noticed that the black one is slightly cheaper. Yes, I agree about Amazon. When I buy the Duo I'm going to buy it on Amazon. It's available for next day delivery. Just wish they had a discount on the 8GB/256SSD model.

Have you had any WIFI issues with your Duo 13? Let us know how you like it.

4. MikeOx

MikeOx Scribbler - Standard Member

It's not possible at the moment, there's still no official news on pricing nor availability of the ATIV Q, they were talking about the Sony Vaio Duo 13.

5. pcworldlove

Just finished updating it with latest patches. ..have only 177 GB left after the update, if I got the 128 GB version I would barely have anything left. Put that aside, I like it so far. The wifi is weaker than my old samsung ativ 500t - at 25 ft to the router it has 4 bars vs 5 bars with the samsung one, but i haven't noticed any lags yet. Have not tested with one note.

Update: tested with one note with no issue.
    The more I play with it the more I like it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  6. dcbCreative

dcbCreative Here for cookies.

If its not too much to ask... ...And you have the drive space; could you by chance download Pixologic's Sculptris and give it a test. Its free; in alpha phase of development. The Pixologic site says "Wacom or compatible graphics tablet" but maybe, just maybe it may work with N-Trig.

What I'm really seeking confirmation of is Luxology Modo, but beggars can't be choosers. Though they do offer a demo version.

The quest for answers continues.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. tonyz3

tonyz3 Scribbler - Standard Member

How does the weight feel in hand. Is it thick in tablet mode.

8. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

As we await further news/speculation on the ATIV Q, please keep this thread on topic.
    I, and likely many others, receive email updates for this thread and the Duo13 review posts are growing to be a nuisance. If you would like to discuss Sony's machines, your posts will receive all the attention they deserve at http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/sony/

9. pcworldlove

It's as heavy but thinner than the ativ 500t with cover. It's definitely much more elegant. Here are some pictures I just took.

Regarding dcbCreative question, I downloaded the software and did a quick test, see pictures below I used the pen and it feels smooth, the pressure sensitive I guess the same as using a mouse.

Sorry guys, this is my last post here about the duo 13. Let's keep this thread focusing on the ativ q. Thanks.
    20130810_143805.jpg 20130810_143805.jpg

Attached Files:

10. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

pcworldlove, please stop. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.