Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mhotep

Mhotep Scribbler - Standard Member

2. Javier_1964

Javier_1964 Pen Pal - Newbie

Ty :)

Mmmm..... Very interesting points, didn´t think about it. Thanks for the clarification.

I bet so brave soul will open the ATIV Q, and we´ll see if something can be done ;)

Regards

3. MikeOx

MikeOx Scribbler - Standard Member

Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus NP940X3G-K01USNP940X3G-K01US B&H Photo

The only hope I have left is that BH usually first sells the devices at a higher price than the rest. But if this is the real price means the ATIV would launch at the same or a higher price which no way on hell I'm paying that much for an amazing but not powerful device, I can get a powerhouse laptop for less than that, that's just me though.

4. J0ebiden

J0ebiden Pen Pal - Newbie

5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Well, unless it has to do with the design. I wouldn't think it would cause that much of an engineering issue, but I could see how having a completely different hinge might require some extra engineering to connect the display to the chassis. Honestly it seems like all of the high end niche innovative devices seem to have trouble making it to market. The Helix, Transformer Book, and now this. Only Sony has succeeded with the Duo, but it already had an 11" design reference to work off of.

6. J0ebiden

J0ebiden Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea, good points. Jeez, don't even bring up the Transformer Book. Before I hit this forum I was monitoring a Transformer Book forum (as that was the device I had my eye on) and we were all going nuts about Asus's delay on the device, which came to market about 6 months late. By then, Haswell devices, such as the Duo 13, started to come out while the Transformer Book was released with the 3rd gen Core processor. Although we're all quite annoyed here with Samsung it pales in comparison to Asus and the Transformer Book.

7. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

another thing to consider is the wacom stylus. I don't believe the ATIV 9 has that capability. In fact are there any other devices with resolution that high, with a screen that large using a wacom type stylus?

8. Bigeasy

Bigeasy Pen Pal - Newbie

I think Samsung has delayed the Q to push the ATIV 9......They are smart and know that if you release both at the same time they will cannibalise sales from each other. I think they will give an official release date shortly after the ATIV 9 begins shipping.

9. wynand32

wynand32 Scribbler - Standard Member

Nah, I don't think Samsung cares which one a person buys.

10. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

To be honest, Samsung has never even thought about cannibalization when it comes to product releases. This is the company that will release 8 different takes on the galaxy phone line and 5 different sized Android tablets. Samsung always takes the scatter shotgun approach when it comes to product line releases. Its honestly more shocking that they didn't release every Ativ product at the exact same second.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.