Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blahblah

blahblah Pen Pal - Newbie

Well I am curious to see the Q in action but I can say the Sony Duo 13 is completely off my list.
    As an artist I want something that can draw well and that thing does not.
    I was curious about the n-trig duo sense 2 pen that is supposed to be improved over the last iteration..........
    it was awful.
    If you are serious about art I would avoid the Duo 13 completely.
    The pen as laggy, it was vectoring on fast motion and the pressure sensitivity was atrocious.
    This thing would be fine for note taking but not drawing.

But now Wacom is going to announce their "Dream Tablet" (as they have dubbed it) on aug. 20 soooo............
    this Q thing might be out for me too..........we shall see

2. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

ThatsJustHowISeeIt Scribbler - Standard Member

Yikes! You are reacting like someone offended you personally.

People are understandably upset that the specs of the ATIV Q announced are quite low-end for a device with a decidedly high-end price tag. Yes, people can and probably will not buy this thing if it is overpriced and sold with low-end specs. If people are upset they will speak up, as they are doing now. Are you surprised people who are unhappy about the situation are speaking up? Don't be because there will be more people speaking up about this if this keeps up. Some want to know if this is coming out or not. Others want to know the specs and if it will be available in a non-crippled form :D

As for what makes it into a fiasco? Posting the Q all over various Samsung Web sites and then taking it all down with no explanation giving the impression it might have been canceled or delayed indefinitely makes it a fiasco. Also in my opinion, selling it with low end specs at the prices I have seen quoted for this also makes the release badly planned with little understanding for whom this device would appeal to. People are waiting on information about this before they decide what to buy.

Over a month before it was released Sony had a release date and configurations. This is August and we don't even know if this thing will be released because Samsung has taken down all the information they posted.

3. JPoole

JPoole Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got a response from someone on the marketing side with Adorama that I think can be trusted. They are only able to give an estimate at this point, and that estimate is currently the 23rd.

I know one person here was told the 23rd as well, and I think it is the best estimate we can get right now. Other reps had told me and others here "this week", but I have given up on that.

4. Javier_1964

Javier_1964 Pen Pal - Newbie

No, not at all, not in good mood i reckon, too much work and a "mild" migraine (fingers crossed that it doesn´t turn in a "full" migraine :()

Sorry for the of topic. Just to clarify my "harsh" (not really) response.

Regards

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  5. hiI'mawesome

hiI'mawesome Pen Pal - Newbie

Yea, I was the other who was told that adorama would receive Ativ Qs at their warehouse on the 23rd, and I've been hoping that was true all day... I actually still haven't put in my preorder because I'd prefer to wait for an official comment from Samsung so long as it comes before the end of August (cause that's Really pushing my deadline to buy a new laptop/tablet)

6. barnesgj

barnesgj Scribbler - Standard Member

Is the screen always exposed or does the top pivot to put the screen inside when closed? Since the device has to be open to expose the keyboard, you would not be able to use a case with this. Does anyone else have a problem with having the extra weight of a keyboard without the protection of a cover? One of the things I really like about the Surface Pro is the protection the keyboard gives the screen without the added weight.

7. Philthy82

Philthy82 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just quoting this as the truest thing said in the last 10 pages or so, it deserves repeating. What's obnoxious is the repeated posts crying about lack of news when nothing's changed to require news except for a few changed/removed pages that people are interpreting in ridiculous ways. What's even more obnoxious are the same posts by the same people complaining that the Ativ Q doesn't fit their needs and they're going to get something else - FOR 80 PAGES.

Here's an idea: instead of complaining about the specs of a product that has no suggestion of fitting your standard in the hope that it will change, how about getting involved in the thread once some specs are announced that fit your needs? Are you really going to spend every day from now until end times posting about how they should make an 8gb version? Just make your decision based on what's known and official now, and if something's released later, you might rethink your decision. And your keyboard lifespan will triple.

8. czm2000

czm2000 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Given the hinge design, its not possible for the screen to turn the screen inside. In short, the screen is always exposed.

9. wiidesire-2

wiidesire-2 Scribbler - Standard Member

always exposed, I use this one for protection while transporting:

EasyAcc 13.3 zoll Laptop Ultrabook Leder Tasche Hülle: Amazon.de: Elektronik

10. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

ThatsJustHowISeeIt Scribbler - Standard Member

So sorry to hear about your migraine and I hope you feel better soon! I don't think this forum is very good for you if you are about to have a migraine as it seems we are all on edge trying to figure out what the Q is to be or not to be!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.