Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeOx

MikeOx Scribbler - Standard Member

LMAO get a load of this
    I'm not sure if the guy is being serious or sarcastic, either way seems like they have time to reply to non deserved compliments but not to answer the whole lot of questions about the ATIV Q I found on their page, I mean does it take that much effort to reply to hundreds of people asking the same question with a single post merely stating the status of an item?

Samsung ATIV Q is coming, Samsung ATIV Q has been cancelled, sure didn't take much effort for me.

2. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

ThatsJustHowISeeIt Scribbler - Standard Member

I found a new Duo 13 for $1025 on Amazon. They only had a few available at that price and I have enclosed the screen capture of it available for sale. If it was discounted once, I am sure it will be discounted around that price again. Basically it seems you can sooner or later buy a Duo 13 with 4GB of RAM for about $1,000. If the Q comes out for more $, they need to upgrade the specs.

View attachment 4113

3. wiidesire-2

wiidesire-2 Scribbler - Standard Member

sometimes those facebook employees are forced to do what their boss is telling them and when they say "don't say anything about the Ativ Q till 15th August", they have to do it or say something like

4. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

I saw that too and thought it was hilarious. Someone gives them a really sarcastic back-handed compliment about how they are ignoring hundreds of customers and how good they are at it. They take it as a compliment :D

5. Zeelobby

Zeelobby Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I personally have no issue with Samsung marketing/release info/etc. When they're ready to announce and release, they will. As for the mixed responses form Samsung support, I'm sure it's equal mix of employees who don't know what to say, employees who have been misinformed, and employees who were told not to say anything until a certain date. This is true of almost ANY manufacturer, and I've had the same useless responses from Google, Microsoft, Lenovo, etc. etc. etc. There is no reason to keep blaming/ranting on them for it. When the heads up at Samsung decide to release info is when we will find out more. Most companies have loyal fans/consumers who want their questions answered NOW, but transparency isn't always a good thing, and if they are withholding information, it is most likely for a reason.

That said, like others have posted, the only thing that would cause me to hesitate is the 4GB. I'd probably even be willing to pay a substantial amount over the Duo 13 cost for this device if it did come with 8GB+ RAM considering it's WACOM digitizer and dual Android/Windows OSes.

6. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

From the Samsung Notebook Facebook page... There are people asking about the Q every day and most want to know if it is coming out or not so they can buy something else if it is not coming out within the next month or so. I don't recall the Sony VAIO Duo 13 release being such a fiasco. It was announced, a release date was given, and it came out on time with 8GB of RAM, i7, and up to 512 SSD.

Duo13-2.JPG

7. tonyz3

tonyz3 Scribbler - Standard Member

I have dealt with Adorama a few times with tablets that were up for preorder well in advance and 2 times they let me know the minute something changed or got pushed back and the rest of the time it was on the date they said it was. So that part i feel good about. HOWEVER This is the first time though that i have seen all that went into the web pages branding ativ Q, Facebook page etc, than totally gone accept for the listing on Sammy discontinued status support page.
    As much as i hope i does come out in a few weeks- 4 gb or 8 gb either way works for me... I just cant see them pulling it risking people buying something else--like the duo. If they new they were redoing the specs, i think they would let us know or at least remove the spec parts. But to remove it and go as far as photoshopping the book in its place...lol.. not looking good. BUT let cross the fingers. Tony

8. RabbitSteak

RabbitSteak Pen Pal - Newbie

Maybe Samsung make a deal with Wacom to reveal it on August 20th considering they're now partner and everything :p-

based on this:
    THE NEXT BIG THING - YouTube

9. wynand32

wynand32 Scribbler - Standard Member

Isn't Wacom announcing their own tablet line? Thought I heard something like that...

10. Javier_1964

Javier_1964 Pen Pal - Newbie

Fiasco? What fiasco :confused:

Quote taken from SamsungNotebook 11-July (Facebook)

If i´m not wrong they are still on schedule to accomplish the approximate release date, right?

Samsung never said that they were cancelling the ATIV so if some people want to spread the rumour or "conspiracy" theories it´s not Samsung´s fault.

By the way, some of the messages posted in the Samsung page are plain rude and/or childish.

We are all adults right? Why so much anxiety and anger? it´s only a tablet pc.

The ATIV is what it is, not what some people think it should be.

Like it? Buy it. Don´t like it? Don´t buy it and move along. Simple as that.

x 1, 2, 3, 4........ So true.....

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.