Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dk0r

dk0r (x+7)² ≠ (x²+49)

4GB ram and no video-out port while in tablet mode sucks. I'll still buy it if it's released though. Lenovo's Helix has been mostly over priced, over heated, under performing, poor build quality trouble for me.

2. MikeOx

MikeOx Scribbler - Standard Member

3. uofmrapper

uofmrapper Pen Pal - Newbie

That's the ATIV Tab 3 with Atom processor - not the ATIV Q. ATIV Q model number is (was?) NP980Q3G-K01US

4. MikeOx

MikeOx Scribbler - Standard Member

LOL you gotta be kidding me right? I don't mean to sound rude but can't you read? My post starts as Samsung ATIV Tab 3, so yeah I'm well aware which item I posted, the only reason I did it's because it wasn't up for preorder through Amazon, and made me think since they just listed it there, they might do the same with the ATIV Q soon.

5. uofmrapper

uofmrapper Pen Pal - Newbie

My bad - after re-reading I'm not sure what i was thinking. I think i was hoping the link was for the Q on the Amazon US site. I see the point of your post now and agree i wouldn't consider the Tab 3 either. Hopefully there's more to come on Amazon soon.

6. hiI'mawesome

hiI'mawesome Pen Pal - Newbie

Screenshot_2013-08-06-00-51-58.jpg Whoa!!!! Sorry if this was already pointed out, but has anyone noticed that the ativ q once again appears in search results on Samsung.com
    It says "support product only" but it's something I haven't seen before that just made me very happy

SEARCH SAMSUNG

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  7. hiI'mawesome

hiI'mawesome Pen Pal - Newbie

Also the "community q&a" section appears to be open...maybe we should all ask about its availability there :p a representative with some information will Have to answer (I hope)!

8. Allarih

Allarih Scribbler - Standard Member

wiidesire-2 thanks a lot for the detailed review - it is actually very reassuring. Would you kindly check a little more things for us? )

- could you please set the resolution to 1600*900 and run Cinebench 11.5? It would be great.
    - could you please install CPU-Z and check whether the RAM is single or dual channel? It could be found in memory tab.

Besten Dank )

9. fella1

fella1 Pen Pal - Newbie

wiidesire-2, thanks for all of the great detailed hands-on impressions. I was curious to know how the Q felt when you used it in tablet mode. At 13.3 inches did it feel too large or heavy after holding it for a while? I'm sure it is manageable while sitting down but how did it feel while standing up? Also, did you happen to play any of the more intensive android games like Nova 3? If so, how did they run? Thanks again!

10. wiidesire-2

wiidesire-2 Scribbler - Standard Member

yeah it was :)

now to the questions:

Hello,

I can only compare the Note 10.1 to the Ativ Q so 10,1 inch vs 13,3 inch and I can just say 13,3 inch is way better. First of all for writing with S-Pen you have now a fullsized A4 paper. And yeah the size makes it better for S-Pen, watching videos etc. :) I always have any Tablet on my upper leg or on a table, so I don't see any problem with the weight. While standing up (tested it for you right now) it feels uncomfortable after like 5 minutes, but again I can't see any scenario while standing up. In the metro you an lean a little bit back against a wall when you can't sit and rest the Ativ Q on your belly. I didn't play Nova 3 yet and won't, but I can asure you that the processor will handle it very well, the games just need to be well optimized.

Hey,

sorry but I can't make any benchmarks, because as far as I understood it from my buddy it could unveal the device number and he would be in trouble, sorry, but you need to wait for sites to "reveal" benchmarks. Anandtech.com and notebookcheck.com are the sites you should take a look at for most detailed reviews.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.