Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allarih

Allarih Scribbler - Standard Member

Ativ Q is unique product on the market, and among the others Ativ devices and it clearly is the most risky and unusual one. So they probably re-marketing it to launch as a standalone product, or may be even as a first product of the new product line.
    Just removing the Ativ Q after all the emphasis it had would be extremely stupid and suicidal decision for samsung.

2. cw2013

cw2013 Pen Pal - Newbie

I also hope that all this just means that it will not come as part of the ATIV product line and they create a new dual os product line.

I tried to get some answers by asking the guys at heise.de and tabtech.de to do some investigation and some report on it. Moreover I mailed the customer support of Samsung Germany. So stay tuned...

3. wiidesire-2

wiidesire-2 Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey :)

There are slits on the bottom of the tablet. As the kickstand is right above it(it has also slits) the heat will go throw the slits on the kickstand (the kickstand has a little fan) and then as it seems the heat will spread around the kickstand area and then it will be passive cooled with air coming in with the slits on the bottom of the device. (kinda active/passive cooling), I hope this answers your question. According to PhoneArena there were no heat problems in tablet mod therefore also no throttle down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Samsung Book Q? :D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  4. J0ebiden

J0ebiden Pen Pal - Newbie

When it is in tablet mode it utilizes a vent in the back of the tablet. Under the keyboard actually.

5. fella1

fella1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Yeah, this does make sense. Be kind of crazy to just drop it after all of the press previews and major announcements and having a completely functioning product. You would think that if there were any major issues with the dual OS or hardware in some way, that they would have ironed them out before making everything public. Hopefully it is a re-marketing effort. That would explain the removal of all the old information.

6. wiidesire-2

wiidesire-2 Scribbler - Standard Member

I hope this is the explanation.

7. J0ebiden

J0ebiden Pen Pal - Newbie

Hope so too. Lot of buzz for the product, definitely was the star of the London event, and anecdotally from the chatter on their FB page, forums like this, and reviews around the net it would be highly implausible that it was shelved for lack of demand.

Maybe they'll launch it under the more established Galaxy line and market it as a super-powerful, x86 Android tablet that happens to contain Windows 8. /s

8. wynand32

wynand32 Scribbler - Standard Member

Ah, thanks! This is exactly the picture I was searching for and couldn't find showing some kind of vent for tablet mode. This makes perfect sense now.

9. wynand32

From the picture, looks like the vent is in the rear (I think the speakers are under the keyboard and they're at the opposite end). This also explains why Samsung said the heat is vented away from the user--in tablet mode, this vent would be at the top rear. But yes, thanks, there is a vent.

10. wynand32

This wouldn't be the first time a product promoted at an event was dropped for some technical or marketing reason. And I sincerely hope it hasn't been, because this is the machine I want. However, I just can't come up with a good explanation for them dropping it from the Web site--and as a marketing professional myself, mere rebranding doesn't account for it, and they wouldn't rebrand at this point. At least, I wouldn't--I'd bite the bullet on a little possible confusion as opposed to the impact of a delayed release and all of the costs of rebranding (just for example, all of the already built machines would have to be retouched, just for branding's sake).

And the worst thing is, I could probably find out through some sources I have at Samsung. But revealing that information here would be too risky for my job, so I've not even bothered to ask. It would be too tempting. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.