Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cw2013

cw2013 Pen Pal - Newbie

Here is some other theory called Microsoft is the bad guy. Behind the scenes they are doing everything to prevent this product in fear of their Windows RT. If more manufacturers bring such integrated solutions (this is the big difference to the Asus way) then this could be the final shot for RT solutions...

2. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

ThatsJustHowISeeIt Scribbler - Standard Member

Windows RT was DOA long before the Q was announced. Why would anyone buy a limited use tablet OS for the same cost or more money when they can buy an Android (or dare I say Apple tablet) and have the same functionality and 10 times more applications at the same or lower cost? The Premise of RT might have made sense 2 years ago. It makes absolutely no sense now and customers are not stupid. Microsoft should have invested the RT time, energy and resources for developing and releasing tablets that run on Windows 8. Instead they wasted time squandered away a billion.

3. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

That was a real screen capture from last night for a brand new Duo 13 in black for $1025. That is an amazing deal given that it came out just a month ago and the regular price is $1399. If I was not still holding out for a Q with 8GB of RAM I would have bought the Duo 13 at that price. It just goes to show that before long you can buy Duo 13 models at $300-$500 off the regular price so perhaps Samsung is retooling the specs of the Q so that when it is released it is not overpriced and underpowered compared to the Duo 13.

4. TheGabbo

TheGabbo Pen Pal - Newbie

I just emailed the sellers to see if they have other items in Stock for that price.. I know it's probably a long shot, but now I feel like I will never be able to buy a new laptop (be it the Duo 13 or the Ativ Q) for more than 1050 dollars...why, oh why did I get drunk last night!! :)
    Thank you for the info though!

5. MikeOx

MikeOx Scribbler - Standard Member

When you posted it I looked it up on Amazon and noticed they had 1 left by that time, felt truly tempted but I'll give the ATIV Q a bit more time.

6. J0ebiden

J0ebiden Pen Pal - Newbie

Ya know, I played around with the Duo 13 today and it's a nice machine. It's essentially the same weight as the Ativ Q but it is quite a bit thicker. Not the end of the world but ya know... The thing is I've stayed clear from Sony products for the longest time as they've always had some issue - large or small. Now with the Duo 13 having that integral moving part, that only makes me more nervous. Can anyone speak to the quality of recent Sony Vaio builds and durability?

7. J0ebiden

J0ebiden Pen Pal - Newbie

Ok, I'll see your scenario and raise you one...

What if there's an issue with their homemade QHD+ panels?

8. wiidesire-2

wiidesire-2 Scribbler - Standard Member

this is 100x more logical than the Microsoft theory. Microsoft has a monopol and they can't say "we won't give you Windows", the authorities would go crazy and Microsoft has to pay 1 billion again :D

9. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

Then that would also affect the ATIV 9 Plus which they are still advertizing...

Let's just hope they are revising the specs to release the Q is a non crippled form with at least 8GB of RAM :D

10. wiidesire-2

wiidesire-2 Scribbler - Standard Member

no because the Plus will also come with 1920x1080

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.