Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wiidesire-2

wiidesire-2 Scribbler - Standard Member

This is a normal SD Card (256gb possible), however the Ativ Q has only a MicroSD port available (64gb possible). The highest internal storage you can get will be in total 320gb, additionally more storage only possible over the USB port or via Bluetooth

2. ThatsJustHowISeeIt

ThatsJustHowISeeIt Scribbler - Standard Member

Thanks. I didn't realize it was Micro SD. Apparently 128Gb Micro SD cards are on the horizon...

128GB phone tech is coming, says SanDisk - News - Trusted Reviews

How does Micro SD performance compare with SSD?

3. Javier_1964

Javier_1964 Pen Pal - Newbie

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but one thing i noticed is that looking at the detailed pictures of the ATIV Q in this link: Samsung ATIV Q Review (already posted a few pages back) is that the back of the hinge and the back of the screen seems to use screws, so it ***might*** be relatively easy to open and upgrade/replace the battery and the SSD (wifi card?). That would be nice if indeed possible.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015
  4. wiidesire-2

yeah Micro SD is very small, so 128gb is possible already but does cost so much that it isn't mass produced right now

I have an 64gb Micro SD Sandisk Ultra, just comparing it to my finger:

[​IMG]

The card gets in Crystal Disk Mark 3 23 mb/s reading and 18 mb/s writing. This is NOTHING compared to an SSD, therefore you should only use it for movies, series, and documents, but not for installing programs.

5. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

How about some more useless speculation.
    I remember seeing 2 versions of the ATIV Q in the samsung products area. Now that has been taken down
    https://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs

Maybe they are actually listening to us?

also I realized that 4gb would really be less because you share it with the Android OS. so it would be like 3 or 2.5 for the pc.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. wiidesire-2

nice speculation here, we will see :) I really hope they will make a 8gb Version, because I would also buy it! I want the Ativ Q to be my device for the next 2-3 years, 8gb is just more future-proof7

Also many sites dropped their astimated release date, which will most likely mean the Samsung told the suppliers a delay. Something is up guys, something is up.

7. jbomb

jbomb Scribbler - Standard Member

How about some more useless speculation.
    I remember seeing 2 versions of the ATIV Q in the samsung products area. Now that has been taken down
    https://www.samsung.com/us/computer/pcs

Maybe they are actually listening to us?

also I realized that 4gb would really be less because you share it with the Android OS. so it would be like 3 or 2.5 for the pc.

8. wynand32

wynand32 Scribbler - Standard Member

Yes, it's probably more useless speculation, but while we're on the topic it IS a little disconcerting that the ATIV Q is being removed from Samsung's site. I'm pretty sure that previously it was listed in first place, right above the Book 9 Plus. This plus their removing the details from the ATIV site (now only popping up a "launching soon" dialog) seems like SOMETHING is going on. Whether that's a good thing or not remains to be seen. Maybe they're retooling the specs, or maybe they've run into issues and this thing won't be coming out for awhile.

We'll see, but have money burning a hole in my pocket... :)

9. dcbCreative

dcbCreative Here for cookies.

Aye... ...I do as well. Been saving up for a new tablet PC for over a year, was disappointed by the Lenovo Helix and now concerned that the Samsung ATIV Q will be just as pointless to wait for.

Giving the Sony VAIO Duo 13 serious thought again as it features the specs am seeking; and the N-Trig stylus is good enough.

Of course there is also the Microsoft Surface Pro, Samsung ATIV Tab 7,and Portégé Z10/15t to consider as well. Smaller screens but all use the prefered Wacom stylus technology.

Back to window shopping.

10. RabbitSteak

RabbitSteak Pen Pal - Newbie

sounds like Duo 13 have their own problems:
    - spotty wireless connection
    - problem with palm rejection
    - n-trig (which mean no Photoshop / PaintTool Sai / other program that use WinTab )

Vaio Duo 13 Wifi Problem - No Wireless-N, Low data... - Sony Community

check other thread on their forum about all sort of warning before getting Duo 13

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.