Samsung Ativ Q

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Mhotep, Jun 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeOx

MikeOx Scribbler - Standard Member

So you guys remember the ATIV Book 9 Plus being announced with a business higher powered version of it coming in a few months after the release on September which made us think that if the ATIV Q gets released it could also have the same future and we could expect a version with higher specs? Well now we can speculate on something else that will happen for the ATIV Book 9 Plus and we could also hope and like I said speculate might also come to the ATIV Q if it ever gets released which is an LTE variant, an LTE Variant of the ATIV Book 9 Plus has been announced in Europe.

Samsung ATIV Book 9 900X3F-G01DE mit LTE ab sofort im Handel

2. ChrisM

ChrisM Pen Pal - Newbie

According to the printed issue of c't (Magazin für Computertechnik | c't) Samsung will show a non-production ready version of the Ativ Q at IFA ("world‘s leading trade show for consumer electronics and home appliances") in Berlin (6 to 11 September 2013, IFA - ABOUT IFA) in Germany.

3. MikeOx

Why waste time on a non-production item? that's like their Premiere event, hey guys here's the amazing ATIV Q however don't expect this to come out any time soon because this is not the retail product.

4. ChrisM

ChrisM Pen Pal - Newbie

5. tonyz3

tonyz3 Scribbler - Standard Member

This must be Sammy's new marketing plan try to create buzz for something that may never release. Didnt i read they are doing the same thing with their watch-showing a nonretail version that might not launch.

6. MikeOx

What do you mean the same problem? As far as I'm aware this was announced in the Summer and scheduled to be released on Holiday 2013 (Nov/Dec).

7. psuedonymous

psuedonymous Pen Pal - Newbie

It'd be a real shame if it was cancelled over the dual-OS thing. I couldn't give a pair of foetid dingoes kidneys if it can run Android, all I'm after is a convertible ultrabook with the best possible display panel (because a tablet is essentially a display with some computer gubbins glued to the back).

8. Philthy82

Philthy82 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just wish I could hold one and see if it's really much lighter and thinner than the XPS 12. I'm missing a fair few deals on the 12 atm and just not sure if it'll be worth it if and when the Q does come out.

9. wynand32

wynand32 Scribbler - Standard Member

The only thing that makes sense (if this story is true) is that Samsung has made some kind of major change to the ATIV Q that has put it back into a pre-production status (perhaps "non-production ready version" is a translation of pre-production). I'm pretty sure it was already in production, and so either they're improving the specs (dreaming here) or they're fixing something to get around the patent issue (if there really is one). Maybe both, if we're lucky.

Either way, I'd take this as positive news if true, albeit indicating more of a delay. But I'll take a delay over outright canceling any day. And there's no way that Samsung would show the thing again at IFA if they're not going to release it.

10. MikeOx

You shouldn't worry about it, the Dell XPS 11 should be way better as long as you don't mind the 11.6 screen but comes with a much higher resolution than 1080p, not as much as the ATIV Q, can't remember the specifics but should have the same specs as the current XPS 12 2013 but with better screen res.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.