Samsung ativ 700t pro. Problem when drawing fast short strokes.

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by 9tamara9, Jun 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9tamara9

9tamara9 Pen Pal - Newbie

I own Ativ since about a month.
    At first i didn't notice anything wrong, but after some time of using i spotted a problem.
    When drawing fast short strokes, also when typing with pen, the line will sometimes get distorted. It's like instead of the line being nice and straight, it suddenly turns.
    It happens every 10th stroke or so. The problem doesn't apperar when im just normaly drawing, only when doing very fast strokes.
    I tried everything, different drivers for pen, different software, even installed Windows 7.
    Nothing helped.
    Finaly after trying just about anything, i noticed that it only happens when using pens that are not ativ's original s-pen.
    I tryed Bamboo fun, samsung's slate pen, samsung note 2 pen, each of them have the same problem going on.
    Only the original Ativ's s-pen seems to be working properly.

Anyone else have this problem? Is it maybe something i could use warranty for?

Thank you.

2. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

I have the same problem and it happens with both my bamboo and s-pen too. I haven't found a fix for it either.

3. 9tamara9

9tamara9 Pen Pal - Newbie

After more testing and trying just about everything, i finaly found more of a hack then a solution but it worked :D. What i did, i pulled out the tip of the pen, and shortened it about a 1 mm from the back side. The problem instantly reduced to almost zero. I wanted to take it even further, and shorten the tip even more, but too much shortening would make it disapear in the pen, so since i had a spare pen i decided to experiment on one. So i cut the pen :) and shortened the tip even more. The problem now is completely gone. Though if you decide to do this, be carefull, if you shorten the pen too much, it will make the hole wider, so the tip will become loose. I actually did that and i had to fix it with clay :D

drvenom, my s-pen was working properly since the begining so im not sure if this is going to work for you, but if you have a spare tip for your s-pen, try to cut it a little bit, just enough so it doesn't disapear in the pen after you put it in. I hope this will help.

Im uploading the picture showing my pen after all these procedures. This is a prototype, so it doesnt look too amazing, but it works flawlessly :) And is much more comfy then it was too ;)

DSC01014.jpg

4. drvenom

drvenom Scribbler - Standard Member

That is an awesome fix. I might try it. I'm so tired of this tablet's problems. Even my palm rejection is bad. I might just go android as soon as onenote on android adds page size options. The palm rejection on my Samsung note 8 works amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.