Samsung Ativ 700T in stock at Amazon Dec 18

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by kitzj0, Dec 15, 2012.

1. kitzj0

kitzj0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Just saw that the ativ 700T is in stock on Amazon on December 18th.

2. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

Best to just chill out when this sort of thing happens. Worst time to buy anything is when it's really scarce like this for a long period. It distorts your judgment.

Soon everyone will have them and no one will buy them. After all, it's the exact same Slate 7 but with and upgraded processor and a questionable keyboard.

Over priced BTW. I bought a few Slate 7s for around $900 US. That's $300 less than these now, and I see there's lot's of outrageous markup on Ebay and other sites.

Smart money will wait for the Surface Pro. By then there will be a clear idea of offerings and much more stock. . $900 for the Base model Surface Pro is attractive.

We shall see.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2012
  3. swindmiller

swindmiller Scribbler - Standard Member

Back in stock

4. gamegirl

gamegirl Pen Pal - Newbie

Just ordered it, so please cross your fingers that I'll see it on Wednesday. :)

5. Rousing_Dipthorne

Rousing_Dipthorne Pen Pal - Newbie

I originally pulled it on the 15th but when I saw it back in stock I reordered it and it should be here on Tuesday! I hope it's fault-free - hah~

6. swindmiller

Ordered on Nov. 5 and it is finally shipped and will be here Monday. The good news is that if there is a problem you should jut be able to return and get a new one from Amazon. Assuming the stock issues (ability to keep them in stock) are resolved.

7. gamegirl

gamegirl Pen Pal - Newbie

Awesome - best of luck getting a problem-free one! :) My Gateway's USB port is down to working maybe 10% of the time so I'm really looking forward to having a new computer.

8. swindmiller

Have there really been that may problems? I know someone with the 700t that does not seem to have any problems. I have read of the problems and try to stay with the mindset that you "usually" only hear about the problem pc's and not so much the ones that are problem free. At least that is what I am telling myself :)
    I am also hoping that Samsung quietly recalled/stopped shipping the 700t's to fix the problems and the units that are available now are good to go. I am just hoping I don't have to deal with Samsung if there is a problem.

9. kitzj0

kitzj0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Outside of keyboard issues not much else reported wrong. I had the keyboard issue, but Microsoft Store rectified the issue for me. Also people don't like the build quality. If I grab with one hand on the side to pick it up, it almost feels like it will break in half. I don't know if the feeling is real or not, but seems like there may be a little bending going on. I don't consider this a problem for me personally.

10. Mac Wilson

Mac Wilson Scribbler - Standard Member

I don't know why they have to keep making the same mistake over and over.

rule #1

When you make a thin, long, heavy tablet, use rigid materials in order to eliminate flexing.