1. You may have noticed that TabletPCReview looks a little different. That's because we've moved to a new, streamlined platform, XenForo. Have yourself a look around and engage with your peers. Should you encounter any bugs or issues, please post them in this thread, so that we can prioritize and fix them. And feel free to let us know your opinions of the new site.

Samsung ATIV 500 : Anyone else experiencing issues streaming Netflix HD and launching video on Windows Media Player from website?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by casanova11, Feb 11, 2013.

1. casanova11

casanova11 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just picked up the Samsung ATIV 500 and have found these too annoying issues. When Netflix movies start streaming in HD, I get a lag between video and audio. This makes HD unwatchable. My Wifi is fine as I have no problems streaming on any other laptop in the house. I also have an issue of not being able to launch a video file directly into Windows Media Player. Instead of launching the file when I click the link, it asks me to save as. I have WMP as the default and added all the file extensions to play with WMP. I can't get this to work either. This is very frustrating. Anyone else experiencing similar issues? Can someone help with a solution if this is not simply a limitation for this device? This may be a deal breaker for me if a fix is not possible. Thanks a lot in advance.
  2. MadSquabbles

MadSquabbles Pen Pal - Newbie

i don't have any lag in netflix, but the first 15 minutes is always choppy. everything after that is fine. i'm assuming it has to do with caching the movies since i get stutters when using the tablet when copying lots of data - it's reading and writing simultanesously. i'm sure it could be fixed with an update unless samsung is using a lower quality eMMC than they do on the galaxy note 10.1. none of my android devices have this problem.

connection doesn't matter. i've used at&t at home, twc @ my dads, twcbc @ work, verizon 4g, and sprint 3g and all have the same results. 10-15 of choppy playback then all cool after that. hd and sd make no difference.
  3. MadSquabbles

MadSquabbles Pen Pal - Newbie

i don't have problem with AV sync issues, but i do have a problem with videos being choppy for the first 10-15 minutes when using netflix. everything's fine after that.

i'm assuming it's the buffer time where it's constantly reading/writing and the eMMC can't keep up. so either the ATIV has a crappier eMMC than just about every android device i've owned or the app needs more tweaking. it doesn't matter whether it's hd or sd content either. i've tried it on different connections/routers all with the same results. at&t dsl, twc, twc-bc, verizon 4g, sprint 3g... it makes no difference.