Samsung 500T 04US non functioning bluetooth

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Solom01, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solom01

Solom01 Scribbler - Standard Member

I apologize if this has been posted before, I tried the search function but had no luck. I am on my second Samsung 500T tablet, (04us if that makes any difference) and on both of them after all Samsung and Windows update the bluetooth function finds the device (I've tried it with 4 different devices), claims to connect but will not output sound through them. What's worse, most of the time it also shuts down the wifi and requires a reboot. Besides doing all the updates I have only uninstalled Norton and installed Windows 2010 and two or three apps such as Netflix. On the first unit when I called Samsung help the bored sounding lady on the other end said it was a defective unit and to send it in for repairs, so I swapped it for a new one since I bought it at Amazon. Now with this second one Samsung claims it is a driver issue (which makes more sense to me) and that a new driver should fix it in the future. I find it hard to believe that no one is commenting on this issue, since not having bluetooth function is a deal breaker for me, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this same issue? Besides that it's a good unit, but quite frankly compared to the $199 Acer Chromebook I'm typing this with it seems half baked with tons of software problems so if I can't get this figured out it will be my second unit going back. For what it's worth, all these bluetooth speakers/headsets connect with no problem to an Acer w500 running windows 8, an HP tm2 on 7, an iPad and multiple Android tablets - only the Samsung 500T seems to have issues. Thanks for any thoughts you may have.

2. motionfan

motionfan Pen Pal - Newbie

agreed. my bluetooth devices stay offline. per other posts seems to be a win 8 problem however not just Samsungs.

3. Kazy

Kazy Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm using a bluetooth keyboard and mouse just fine. Did your last unit have functioning Bluetooth?

4. Solom01

Thanks for replying guys, I finally got it fixed. The Samsung software updater claimed that ALL updates had been applied. As you may remember, the first call I made to Samsung support I was told it was defective, so I swapped it at Amazon. The second time I was told to wait for a software update. Just for kicks I deleted bluetooth from device manager and when it reinstalled on reboot I noticed that it was using an old Microsoft driver. When I tried to use the update driver function, device manager reported that the latest driver was installed and the Samsung updater claimed that the latest bluetooth software was installed. I used the Samsung Software installer to actually download the newest bluetooth software, ran it and voila, the bluetooth now works. Not a huge deal, and as I tweak and use this unit more it really is nice, but God help anyone who uses this who is not at least fairly conversant with Windows. For a tablet meant for a wide audience I can't believe that Samsung started selling this without trying to get their software to work correctly. I can't even begin to guess what their return-exchange and support costs must be, and how many people will be turned off of Windows 8 after using this tablet - which is a shame because it really is a good product when properly set up. I purchased a Chomebook at about the same time and if I ever have to recommend a unit for someone who isn't very tech savy and just wants to surf the web, do emails, listen to Pandora and the stuff that we spend 99% of the time doing on a computer I have no doubt that the Chromebook would be a better choice.

5. motionfan

Please tell me where the Samsung Software installer is. I have the same problem - Microsoft driver and the Samsung updater refuses to update it. I have search on my machine but cannot find the Samsung Software installer.

6. Solom01

Sure, it's just called software updater, it should be on your unit but if it isn't you can download it from Samsung's US support site. When you run,it it supposedly shows you all the software that needs to be updated or installed. It should show about 35 items. Go to the Bluetooth software and instead of telling it to update check the box where you can download the setup files (for ease of use I just downloaded it to the desktop). Afterwards run that setup program and everything should work.

7. motionfan

Awesome. Thanks so very much. Fixed everything. Now if I could stop my keyboard from disconnecting . . .

8. hareshsk

hareshsk Pen Pal - Newbie

Can you please send the link to this Bluetooth software update?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.