S-pen with 2 buttons?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Hydraulic Potato, Jan 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hydraulic Potato

Hydraulic Potato Pen Pal - Newbie

Is there an S-pen with two buttons? Having a second button for lasso selection in OneNote would be great. I thought a Wacom Intuos pen might work, but it doesn't. Is there an alternative?

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

3. Hydraulic Potato

Thanks. Unfortunately the Dell pen doesn't have any buttons. The HP pen has both an eraser and a button, so presumably the button would work like the upper button on the Intuos pen? It's pretty pricey, though. :(

4. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

Maybe she meant the Dell Canvas pen? That one does have two buttons, but if you're after an s-pen specifically, it will have an offset. It's possible to calibrate most of the offset away, but it's not the same as the s-pen accuracy.

thatcomicsguy and DRTigerlilly like this.
  5. darkmagistric

darkmagistric Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

As far as I can tell....there has never been a proper 2 button S-pen. S-Pens have kind of always been single buttoned Pens. But it’s somewhat of a mute point since Samsung (or Wacom) does not allow the S-pen devices to work with the Feel driver leaving no viable method to reprogram the pens button.

thatcomicsguy likes this.
  6. Hydraulic Potato

I see. Why do they deliberately hobble it? So Wacom can sell more Cintiq? :rolleyes: I hope N-Trig gets significantly better. At least MS shouldn't have such conflicts of interest. Right now though, EMR is so much better, so I guess you either splurge for a Wacom product or deal with Samsung's limitations if you can't.

7. Hydraulic Potato

It looks like the Book2 pen has both an eraser and a side button. Does anyone know if the side button still works as an eraser, or if it works as a second button in programs like OneNote and Krita?

8. thatcomicsguy

thatcomicsguy Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I can confirm that the Dell Canvas pen has a debillatating offset when you try to use it with these modern Samsung S Pen devices. Too bad.

ATIVQ likes this.
  9. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

Maybe @JoeS can help or You might have to ask in the SGB 2018 thread. It isn't available for sale from Samsung or their parts distributor though. I've seen ebay vendors with it for $60-80.