Running a Cintiq with tabletpc?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tlewis, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlewis

tlewis Scribbler - Standard Member

fedron...not to pre-empt the Shog, but my understanding is, no. With the 21ux Wacom went with an upgraded driver that isn't tpc friendly. Different stylus required.
    t

2. asketchr

asketchr Pen Pal - Newbie

i think this may be possibly with the newer tablet pcs? i friend of mine has an hp tablet pc with vista & my intous3 pen (which is the same pen used with the cintiq) worked with it...

anybody else experience this?

3. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

That is definitely NOT possible. Intuos 2 and 3 pens are NOT frequency compatible with Wacom Penabled Tablet PCs, which basically uses the old UD series digitizer boards and pens. Intuos 1 pens are, however, since they were based on the UD series sensors.

I have posted this before, but just to recap: the Wacom pens compatible with Tablet PCs are from:

- PL500, PL600, Cintiq 15X, 17SX, 18SX, PenPartner, Art Z II, Intous 1 and Sony LX900~920

Get a pen that came with those and you are good to go. Don't bother trying to use pens from any of the Graphires, Intuos 2~3, and the new Bamboos.

4. asketchr

i too thought this was the case...but sure enough we were able to use an intous3 pen on his new tablet pc (hp tx1305??? )...so i thought perhaps the newer joints might share this functionality?

5. Shogmaster

With that tablet, you can use a toothpick after you've picked remnants of your dinner out of your teeth and get the same results. That tablet's digitizer is passive, not active. The Intuos 3 pen was just acting as a piece of plastic, not an EMR device.

6. asketchr

ahh, that would explain it! thanks for clearing that up. would you happen to know if that tablet is from wacom?

7. Shogmaster

If you mean the digitizer in the HP, it's just a generic resistive touch digitizer. Many OEMs makes them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.